Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just recently bought starbucks and my friend had a water bottle..for some reason the front cupholders dont work with manual.considering i always have my hand on the arm rest and shifting gears, with the water bottle or any type of drink it really bothers! is there an alternative to placing drinks in the IS300? haha seriously i always get starbucks on occasions, and that would suck if i have to use the back, even tho it can spill too, considering its small!

:confused:

oh and im cleaning the engine bay, read the faq's on it, but i just used a damp cloth, does static effect anything?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
When I get starbucks (2-3 times a week) I put it in the rear seat cupholder until I get out of the parking lot, then its in my left hand.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
When I've got the drink I'll typically keep my right hand on the steering wheel, take it off only to shift and then I use my finger tips to hold the wheel, I also tend to skip gears when I'm holding something, typically wind out 1st a little further than I usually do and then skip directly to 3rd so I don't have to take my hand of the wheel as much.

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I've got the drink I'll typically keep my right hand on the steering wheel, take it off only to shift and then I use my finger tips to hold the wheel, I also tend to skip gears when I'm holding something, typically wind out 1st a little further than I usually do and then skip directly to 3rd so I don't have to take my hand of the wheel as much.
Safe. :rolleyes:

I think a cup holder would be better in this case.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
drive with you knees...its easier that way
lol... daredevils. :p

Reactions: StevenST

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I don't know how good of an idea this is... but auto stores usually sell cupholders you can clip places if the rear cupholders don't work for you. I've tried the rear cup holders before and they were too shallow... and my drink always wanted to tip over.

The most popular clip on ones attach to the vents. They also give you the ability to heat/cool drinks as well since they are in front of the vents. I'm not really fond of clipping things to the airvents... but they seem to be popular.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya..thats strange y the drinks are placed right next to the shifter..but now i just tend to skip on teh drinks and have a case of water bottles in the car...-_-" or drink it then and there..or i'll try out that vent thing, but i douibt it can support heavy drinks.

thanks for everyones inputs. i cant drive with my knees or 1 hand =C

·
Registered
338 Posts
I love how you said "always get starbucks on occasion". That is the oximoron from hell hahahahaha. Yeah but it is irritating, i just deal with it and cock my elbow up.

BUN

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
yeah its really not the big of an issue. and you cant stear with your legs or drive with one hand??? why? dont have the skills? how long have you been driving? and they make deep cup holders that clip into your drivers side window. between the glass and the rubber. that should work. what would be your best idea it just take a trip to pep boys or autozone and see what they have to offer. or maybe a google search? just a thought

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Look mom no hands!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whattup Calvin! Yo man, rear cupholders work fine, those are some state of the art cupholders that go DEEP and have a resistance clamp. Try this though....

On 1st gear, GAS VERY HARD, take it up to 4,000 RPM...., clutch in and shift to just 3d (skip 2nd), and then gas hard all the way to 4000 RPM...., clutch in, and shift to 5th (skip 4th). Now drive regularly and have the cup in the cupholder.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
:p a nice hot chic would do too
That's true... but a plastic cup holder won't nag you all the time...

But then again... there's some pretty nice other things a girl can do for you in the car... lol :p

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Whattup Calvin! Yo man, rear cupholders work fine, those are some state of the art cupholders that go DEEP and have a resistance clamp. Try this though....

On 1st gear, GAS VERY HARD, take it up to 4,000 RPM...., clutch in and shift to just 3d (skip 2nd), and then gas hard all the way to 4000 RPM...., clutch in, and shift to 5th (skip 4th). Now drive regularly and have the cup in the cupholder.
:pissed: Words of wisdom as usual.

·
Registered
346 Posts
:pissed: Words of wisdom as usual.
HAHAHAHA:lol: Mrgregski has a MAJOR problem with me and always negative reps me (I only have 4 negative reps, 2 of them by accident, and 2 of them are serious intentions by him.) Just stop ramping on me and hold your emotions inside, geez, if you think my posts are annoying you don't need to read this, right? I like all of you guys, really, i like all of you guys, you helped me a lot, before/after i got the is300. I thought this was a friendly community but i guess some disagree and mess it up for members like me. Look mrgregski has a problem with me for saying "what's up (name)", what am i suppose to say..."HEY ***!"? You seriously need to just deal with other people's post in a fashionable manner. Do you go out negative repping everyone's post you disagree with? We are all different here. Maybe I will ask "how old are you" instead, because you seem to be the class-less one on this forum. If anything, talk about class-less with the post you made. We can be friends or mutual agreeing, but you don't need to negative rep me for every post i make. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Reread your post, then read my response, when done please explain the need to publicly cry out for help like a little girl. It was a silly post and I let you know about it. The one in the other thread was just plain....nevermind..:
-Get manual tranny! People give you mad respect once they see that Lexus, roll back on a hill, and drag itself back up !
Internetz iz seriouz bidnezz :balling:

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
That's true... but a plastic cup holder won't nag you all the time...

But then again... there's some pretty nice other things a girl can do for you in the car... lol :p
:lol: I was just going to say that!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts