Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so you can actually put an srt intake on a is300 any modifactions need to be done or what and can i use like apex cont.or any ideas in that area and exhaust, what i have used in the past was hayame exhaust in my hondas, love the sound very low and perfect for hondas did not sound like fart can at all. i know big upgrade from honda to lexus guess it was time to grow up but loving it so far but any recommendations would be great from all you lexus YODAS. so far my 2004 is300 is stock with 27,000 miles so lead me to the right path rightousness. LOL!!!!

·
13,727 Posts
Dude this thread will probably get locked by a mod. These questions have been answered many times, so I would do a little searching. Seeing how I am answering anyway, here is info for you:

Use some periods

Yes you can get an SRT intake. And no, don't buy the Apex SAFC. IThe SRT is complete and replaces your stock air intake box and tube. The Apex is a waste of money. The SRT comes with a black box that you hardwire in that changes your AF settings. It is not user tunable. Save your money and just stick with the SRT.

Exhaust: They all give you around the same gains, so look for sound. Youtube has IS exhaust vids. Do a search in Go Fast. There are a ton of exhaust threads. HKS Dragger II's are highly recommended and can be found for a good price, but they all actually work well except some may be quieter than others like the Tanabe or HKS Limited edition.

Congrats on the Lexus and graduating from the Honda. Most honda owners rice their cars out with dumb ass wings and stupid stickers. Please try to keep the rice to a minimum when modding your car. It is a lexus afterall. Cars are like video games, you just made it to the next level.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
^^^^ here here! :approve:

Reactions: anfro

·
Registered
650 Posts
i had to read this twice just to understand what he was saying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.