Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna buy the Alpine system to replace my stock head unit. Getting the system below cost price from a friend who is an Alpine Auth. Dealer.

IVA C800 head unit with the motorized monitor
PowerNAV DVD System
PXA -H510 Dolby Signal processor
CHA- S624 6 Disc- CD Changer.
Alpine DVD Player.
1 or 2 V12 Amps

Does anyone know if I can have..

3 monitors, a PowerNAV DVD and a DVD running off of the Signal Processor and/or Head Unit?

Are there enough RCA Outs?

Just curious...

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
hey, i have all those stuff for sale!!! cheap! brand new also. contact me for more info.

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
653 Posts
Is that like the pop up system that was posted not too long ago?
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
hey, i have all those stuff for sale!!! cheap! brand new also. contact me for more info.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lex_IS300... Can you possibly answer my question? Im not sure how much expansion these devices allow. How come you not installing that stuff for yourself in your IS?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just checked it out. That is hot! I was just thinking about the GPS system in the Volvo. The pop up one. Thats a hot system also. I wonder who makes that?

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Triz.. They got a phat setup you can do almost anything with all the alpine toys available. My only concern is ..

A- Where can I get a custom dash molding to fit around the new equipment made?

B- Where can I get it covered in Carbon Fiber to match my existing kit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
so far, everyone i know that has gotten head units installed had to get their dash custom moulded and fit for the head unit.

so, unless, you're real good fabricatng things, you'll have to go to a shop for now to get the work done and that's mad money.

Scosche doesn't have a pre built dash kit yet, but i'm sure they'll have one soon.

they just made one for the e46 3series BMW

------------------
James -
1998 JRSC GSR
2001 BMW 330CI
Manual IS300 coming....

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx a lot guys... I think i can mold one out of Fiberglass and Plexi. I am just looking for the carbon fiber covering for it. maybe Woodtrim.com can custom cut something for me? Anyone ever inquired?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think oneeyedjack has something similar to what your talking about. He had some pics too.

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
guys, i cannot answer all your questions at once, but if you IM me, i will privately and gladly answer your question. my prices are wayyyyyy below MSRP. just ask clam.

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

1 - 18 of 18 Posts