Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am trying to research this, but am not finding the answers i am looking for...

I am getting ready to get my system, and am doing the new alpine IVA-D900. Its says that it has an onboard dts processor, yet the wording on the website leads me to believe that it will downmix signals unless you have the add on DSP. If that is the case, thats fine, I will add on the DSP for true 5.1 surround. However, by adding the signal processor, will i still be able to link up the stock nav voice guidance so it will still interrupt the left front channel with the NAV voice?

I guess my main concerns are keeping the factory nav functions in tact while adding the new system.

I am also wondering what alarm set up to run. I would like remote start, but dont need windows, or the pager (my buddie has the viper with the lcd remote and it breaks all the time). Again, i would like to keep as much factory functionality as possible ( like the keyless entry ).

I know lisnup was working on some modules for RS at one time, but havent heard about it in a while.

Any HIGH RES (readable) wiring diagrams would help too. I am meeting with the installer this weekend to start mapping it all out, and want to have as much info about the IS to give him as possible.

Sorry about the long post.....

Any help would be great.

THANKS!

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!!!

I NEED HELP! :x

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I have this system in my car...i don't have the stock navi though, let me see if I can figure out what you want to know...i will try when i get home

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ltuned....

have any pics of your install...?

How do you like the alpine?

anyone else care to comment? Lisnup?

I need help! Meeting with installer tomorrow..... :x

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ltuned. I met with the installer, and i think we got it figured out. My only concern now, is beeing able to fit the deck and the dts processor in the dash. It can accomodate 2 single din pieces right?

Anyway, its all coming together and it looks like it will be in sooner than i thought. Hopefully within the next two weeks....(too bad its gonna take a week to do all the install...)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
Thanks Ltuned. I met with the installer, and i think we got it figured out. My only concern now, is beeing able to fit the deck and the dts processor in the dash. It can accomodate 2 single din pieces right?

Anyway, its all coming together and it looks like it will be in sooner than i thought. Hopefully within the next two weeks....(too bad its gonna take a week to do all the install...)
i put my processor under the passenger seat...it was too long to fit in the dash I think.

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trust me, i wish it was sunday too.... a little too much partying this weekend.... :boring:

Are you running a center channel? I dont really have room for one the right size, so i am doing without it, and running it in Bi-Phantom mode.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
trust me, i wish it was sunday too.... a little too much partying this weekend.... :boring:

Are you running a center channel? I dont really have room for one the right size, so i am doing without it, and running it in Bi-Phantom mode.
I was gonna...haven't figured out exactly how yet, but I was gonna put it in the dash tray...i just haven't had time to sit down and do it

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what i have read, you should use the same size speaker as the other fronts ( and run the same amount of power to all mids and tweets) which doesnt give me alot of options(with the stock nav).... the installer was talking about a a custom pod under the trac button and all this crazy stuff, i just dont want to hack my dash all to hell, so im going no center.... for now at least..

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
from what i have read, you should use the same size speaker as the other fronts ( and run the same amount of power to all mids and tweets) which doesnt give me alot of options(with the stock nav).... the installer was talking about a a custom pod under the trac button and all this crazy stuff, i just dont want to hack my dash all to hell, so im going no center.... for now at least..
yeah, i did do some preliminary measurements and I think i could get one in the dash tray with some cutting into down into the dash kinda...like i said, it would be nice, but not a priority

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right on. well thanks for all your info ltuned... I will post up some pics when its all installed. Can't wait! :D

stay tuned.....

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
What u need to do for the stock NAVI voice output is install another auxillary speaker just for that under the drivers side dash. In that way...you aftermarket system can be completely discrete w/o having to deal with any stock functionality.

Search my old posts for more info on this. I believe u do know that you have to retain part of the OEM HU for the stock NAV to function right?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts

·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that is the info i needed. Thanks! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts