Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that there is no GPS that is currently available in US for the IS. Is that correct? I'm also thinking of installing the Alpine GPS on the flat area of the dash like the ones on the pix gallery. Anyone done this yet? Any ideas?

simon

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
GPS will be available next year on the 2002 models. If you can't wait then an aftermarket (e.g. Alpine, Kenwood, etc.) is the way to go.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lexuslover: If I do decide to get the IS300 we need to hook up too. I would definitely be interested in a GPS system and do not want to wait until the 2002 models. I guess I just like getting new things right when they come out. =P I'm in Irvine, close to Aliso.

mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
Or.. notebook based.. 8^)

--k

Originally posted by TEG:
GPS will be available next year on the 2002 models. If you can't wait then an aftermarket (e.g. Alpine, Kenwood, etc.) is the way to go.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Who needs GPS? All I need is a map...

Hmm...videogames on the other hand is another story...but then again you can't use factory GPS screens for anything but GPS...right?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good, now I can get some multiple discounts going. Anyone else want to join please let me know.

sklim1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts