Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a ported box that i bought from a small independent shop. It is just too big for the car and i would like to either put it up against the back seat or in the spare (but keeping the spare tire). I listen to all type of music but i want to aim for quality bass, so i was thinking about a sealed box this time around. If anyone has any suggestion or any place i can just buy a pre fab box for the is300 that would be great! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of want it to go through the ski pass maybe? Idk. Whatever sounds good. Im up for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
do you only have one sub? also with that sub and keeping your spare tire you will have to make a false floor and raise it up a couple of inches and have to fiberglass a little. also those subs only require about 7 cubic feet which is pretty small so you can get by with a little box and push all the way against your rear seat.
or scratch that sub and go with this.
http://my.is/forums/f103/development-sub-enclosure-fits-spare-394485/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you only have one sub? also with that sub and keeping your spare tire you will have to make a false floor and raise it up a couple of inches and have to fiberglass a little. also those subs only require about 7 cubic feet which is pretty small so you can get by with a little box and push all the way against your rear seat.
or scratch that sub and go with this.
http://my.is/forums/f103/development-sub-enclosure-fits-spare-394485/
Yeah only 1 12inch sub. Eh. I dont feel like spending more money on a new system. I think i will prolly make a sealed box that pushes all the way against the rear seat. I just dont know how it will sound with a sealed box vs a ported box.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
how much power/ what impedance are you running the sub at. if its the type R then those subs are rated at 500rms. problem with the that sub is that there deep but advantage is they dont require that much air space. i have done sealed box's for them and they still pound pretty hard.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much power/ what impedance are you running the sub at. if its the type R then those subs are rated at 500rms. problem with the that sub is that there deep but advantage is they dont require that much air space. i have done sealed box's for them and they still pound pretty hard.
Well this is what i got. I got everything from bestbuy like a year ago.

Alpine - 1000W Class D Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Adjustable Crossover - MRP-M1000

Alpine - 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer - SWR-1242D

I currently have the setup in the is300, before it was in my 07 accord (which had plenty of trunk left). How much money do you think it will cost to make a sub box? Are you willing to make and ship out? Also i know that the amp that i bought is probably too much for the subwoofer, but when i had the accord i was planning on upgrading. But 1 12in is way then enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.