Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will definitely be purchasing an IS300. Well, leasing, I guess because it's what I prefer. But anyway, I've been working like crazy. I haven't had a day off from work since November 29th and on top of that, I've been working 4-6 hours work of overtime on top of my regular eight hour shift. I've been saving like crazy and figure I should have enough saved up to come up with the cash I need by the end of January. Not too far off, I guess but I'm dying.

Here's what I've got: Been to the dealership twice now. Excellent customer service and good sales rep. Here's what I've been quoted. 2001 IS300. Every option *except* for the Graphite wheels. LSD, wood trim, leather, moonroof, trunk mat, wheel locks (are these an option?), 17-inch wheels. Hmmmm... like I said, everything but the Graphite rims. I've been quoted the 39-month lease. $3,833.81 down. $415.87/monthly payment includes tax.

Is this a good deal????? Lemme know.

·
Registered
257 Posts
if you check thru older posts, you'll see something out there saying what is and isn't a good lease.

Hot Tip: if you can negotiate it, try and get a 36 month lease if at all possible. You'll save some money if you do...How? You'll pay a whole year of car registration fees for 3 months of driving.

Anybody know what yall are paying in registration fees for your IS's????

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is not a good lease. I got my lease for $1875 down including tags, first month, etc and I pay for a 400 a month for a fully loaded IS with spoiler. The only thing i do not have is the gold insignias! It all depends on where you are in the country trying to negotate a price.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
that is not a good deal at all. i was quoted everything including graphite for ~32K maybe less just over e-mails. check that dealers listed in this site, they offer very good deals. that dealer you were quoted from gave you good service with full intent to ripppp you in your a$$.. you worked hard for your money, make them do the same!!!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll see if I can negotiate the 36-month lease then...

Hmmmm.... I did do a search for the lease part of it. Sounds like I might be getting raped. To top it all off, my brother works at this dealership as a detailer. I'm supposedly getting an "awesome deal" after the manager of the dealership knew about my relationship. Hmmmmm... sounds kinda fishy. Maybe I'll print this up and give it to my bro to give to his manager... it doesn't seem right now. I want this car really badly and I'm bustin' my ass for this $3,833.81... I figure I should have it all saved up and ready to go at the end of January. By that time, I'll enough extra cash to grab some snow tires at the sametime... but now I'm not so sure.

Fully loaded IS... no gold emblems but otherwise fully loaded... for just $1875 down and $400/mo? Does the monthly payment include tax? Man, something IS wrong.

I live in Minnesota. I know just reading the board I've seen some people in certain states get awesome deals... while others seem to be getting raped. Anyone else in Minnesota care to share what kind of deal they got and from where? I'm looking at Lexus of Wayzata right now simply because my brother works there... but now I'm beginning to realize that amounts to nothing. It makes me wonder if I'm supposedly getting an "awesome deal" because he works there... what kind of figures would I have if he DIDN'T work there and I wanted to buy this car??? Sheeeeeeeesh!! I have an entire printout that breaks down the $3,833.81 down payment... lemme know if anyone needs these figures. Maybe that would help to compare... thanks again for the responses.

Scott.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey you guys... thought I'd post those figures just as an FYI and to see what you think. Here's what I've been quoted and currently have on paper. Keep in mind this is supposed to be the "awesome deal" I'm getting:

Initial Charges/Drive Off

1st payment - $390.49
Sales tax on first payment - $25.38
Security Deposit - $425.00
Acquisition Fee - $450.00
License Fees - $414.00
Cap Reduction - $1,999.00
Tax on Cap Reduction - $129.94

Total needed on hand $3,833.81 Monthly payment would be $415.87

My other option he said I can do is not pay the cap reduction at this time but would more or less be rolled into my monthly payment. If I did that, I'd need only put down $1,842.41 but my monthly payment would be $478.41... which I don't want so high.

Thoughts? Opinions? Should I call this guy back and tell him give me a REAL deal?

Scott.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Keep in mind you are gonna get a great deal at the end of this month if I am not mistaken. One they will want to make the sale to make what ever quota they have to hit for this month, and two don't they have to take inventory and pay taxed on all cars on the lot at the end of Dec???

RAB

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
use carsdirect.com as a tool. they gave a decent deal.
www.carsdirect.com
my friend simply took the printout for an acura TL to the dealer and said "beat it or i'm walking" and it worked.. use 08854 as zip if you need.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Uh, guys it's incredibly foolish to negotiate a lease based on payments, what is the selling price of the car??? Negotiate that first, then ask for lease info, such as rates, money factor etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my wife a RX300 the last day of December last year and got a great deal. They are trying to meet their sales quota and accepted my price.

Talk to several dealers on the last day of the month and shoot for the lowest price you've seen on these boards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got my IS for 31,400 and with the Lexus lease plan (over 700 beacon score) I was able to score the 1875 down and 400 a month (with tax it ends up being 424)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Don't quote me, but I believe that if you put add'l money down on a lease and the car is stolen (and unrecovered), then you are OUT the money that you put down.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys, I am *so* stoked!!! I called up the sales guy yesterday after getting so many posts on this thread and decided to ask him what the deal was...

He told me about the December sales event and the premiere credit deal they have going on if you qualify. He got my information from me and I'm approved!!! Much better than the deal I was originally quoted... which he claimed was so awesome in the first place. Originally, I had decided to sell my other vehicle but have now decided to keep it. Now instead of plunking down the $3,833.81 he originally quoted me... I just can to plunk down $1,500. He said he's going to hold the vehicle for me until I can come in and finish up the paperwork. OH yeah, I need the $1500.00, too.
Still it's easier to come up with that instead of the $3800 he originally asked for... here's what I'm getting.

'01 Graphite w/Black leather/Escaine. Every option except Graphite wheels.

BTW, thanks a lot for all of the responses... it's appreciated. I'll let you know when I finish up the deal.

Scott.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts