Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to mention that during my relocation drive from Los Angeles to St. Louis, I almost got 28 miles per gallon during a couple legs. Cruising around 75 through Kansas sure makes a difference. You think the drager II and FIPK helped?

What's the most anyone else has gotten?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get 20 to 21 mpg regularly. Mix of city stop and go, subsurban side roads and a little highway mileage. I easily get 300 miles on a tank, which is a heck of a lot better than the 4Runner and gives the GTI a run for its money... :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
All highway I can get like 375 or so
Highway/City mix I get around 315

My city miles on the other hand suck big time. I was at 1/4 tank after only 60 miles of all city driving this weekend! Does everyone else get crap city miles?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I got 28 mpg on a bone stock IS this summer driving from Chicago to Michigan and back. I almost didn't believe it until I did the math at my next fill-up.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
80% highway and 20% city driving, with light throttle and trying to stay out of boost, i can get 375-400 miles a tank.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1300 miles on my IS. Haven't gotten over 18mpg yet. But I only go about 5 miles at a time with hard acceleration onto freeways. If I ever get to take it on a trip it'll probably do better. I hope.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i used to get like 16/17 mpg, now i am hving 20/21 with 50/50 city and hwy, i juz dont get y ppl can even get close to 30mpg.....must be miscalculation...

·
Registered
336 Posts
i used to get like 16/17 mpg, now i am hving 20/21 with 50/50 city and hwy, i juz dont get y ppl can even get close to 25 mpg.....must be miscalculation...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i get 17-20 city each time i check and on my trip to atlanta i got 24mpg highway. Cant seem to squeeze anymore out of it

·
Registered
185 Posts
The best so far for me is right under 28 mpg as well, but this was in eastern Colorado/western Kansas. Once I hit Topeka, it always drops to around 26.

I'm doing another why-the-hell-not trip to Denver this weekend, so maybe that number will go up. We'll see...

·
Registered
656 Posts
xxaltezzaxx said:
i used to get like 16/17 mpg, now i am hving 20/21 with 50/50 city and hwy, i juz dont get y ppl can even get close to 25 mpg.....must be miscalculation...
No, it's not miscalculation. I am very careful about setting my trip odometer whenever I fill up and doing the proper math based on how many gallons I put in the next time to fill up the tank. So, just because it hasn't happened to you means everybody else is wrong? Get over yourself, Dude! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, there are many factors in getting good mpg, like how you drive, tire pressure, highway or city, etc. I usually get 17 or 18 mpg in my usual city driving, but if you get the IS cruising on 100% highway with no stopping and use cruise control, it can do okay on gas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does the K&N FIPK and exhaust help with fuel economy presuming you can keep your foot out of the throttle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
21 mpg - 60/40 City/Highway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts