Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with some many posts and questions in the past 2 months, i think i am coming close to the end of my DIY project. thanks to the help from many of you guys.

before install/cleaning

after cleaning

cleaned camshaft covers

wrapped manifold and wastegate

re-routed oil line, BOV hose and all vacuum hoses
before

after

still have some more work to do, but they should be minor. (oil catchcan, wideband, alignment, tuning, i think thats all)

just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys (leo, rich, de, mike and more) and will keep you guys updated.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
holy shit. When my head was off...I considered cleaning the area with the spark plugs but decided it was too much work.

Looks great.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
looks good brandon. i told you the toothbrush/simple green worked wonders on the head. my finger thanks you for the scar from the cut i got pulling the head off as well. hahahahaha

when we going out for thai food again?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks guys. i also want to add lextech1 to the list. he is a really helpful member.

mike, lets go get some raw fish next time.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
TDLI said:
hey thanks guys. i also want to add lextech1 to the list. he is a really helpful member.

mike, lets go get some raw fish next time.

sounds good to me...salmon

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
cool....looks good........maybe you can help me do mine in a couple months :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you think his valve cover is clean you should see under his car lol jking. Cant wait for the test ride brandon.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xGxHyPxGx said:
If you think his valve cover is clean you should see under his car lol jking. Cant wait for the test ride brandon.
haha, i know i know......just cant help it. i hate to let dirty things get by while doing installs. always cleaning/wiping while installing.

sam, if you have time this week, can you swing by? love to check out your headlights and also swap the tail lights back. i am thinking to drive down to turboeast this weekend if possible to do the VB and tuning.

willie, just let us know.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
xGxHyPxGx said:
who are you? where in NJ are you? IS300 owner?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tsopranoMB said:
IS300 owner?
yes. i will leave the rest for himself.

·
Registered
289 Posts
lol im from ny actually, but i work in nj and i just recently got mah 01 dwp is300 (maybe 3-4 months ago) so i wasnt aware of any meets, but in the future count me in.

hey brandon, ill be there this friday and thanks for letting me try those trunk lights out lol sorry i kept them for so long. oh yea i wanna black out my fogs and taillights also so if your interested i can save them untill your free. see you friday

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i got lazy......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts