Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they will every make an all-wheel drive version of the IS300? I'm thinking about buy a new car and have been eyeing the IS for a while. BMW is coming out with the 330xi and the Audi A4 already has Quattro. Advise

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Probably not. Last AWD *car* (I'm not talking about trucks, vans, or SUV's) that Toyota brought to the U.S. was the Celica All-trac, and that was during the 4th and 5th generation Celicas (1986-199?; the new Celica is the 7th). There were also AWD Tercel wagons, but those go way back to the early to mid 80's.

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If awd is a must I would consider waiting for the next A4 that will supposedly be here in 2001 as 2002 model. There is a rumored v8 as an option. However, if you want to keep the price down I would consider the 1.8 T Q and easily modify it or the 2.8Q. Several people in this room know the specifics behind 1.8 T modifications and even I recognize how this can be done easily and inexpensively. Audi's Quattro is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
There is always something new and improved "showing up next year"...

I just can't wait anymore... IS300 here I come.

The 2002 Mazda Rx-Evolv might be a winner...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
TEG, I hear ya, man. I recently bought a 53 Packard so I have something to play with until the GPS and stick arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts