Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they will every make an all-wheel drive version of the IS300? I'm thinking about buy a new car and have been eyeing the IS for a while. BMW is coming out with the 330xi and the Audi A4 already has Quattro. Advise

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Probably not. Last AWD *car* (I'm not talking about trucks, vans, or SUV's) that Toyota brought to the U.S. was the Celica All-trac, and that was during the 4th and 5th generation Celicas (1986-199?; the new Celica is the 7th). There were also AWD Tercel wagons, but those go way back to the early to mid 80's.

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by JW (edited June 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If awd is a must I would consider waiting for the next A4 that will supposedly be here in 2001 as 2002 model. There is a rumored v8 as an option. However, if you want to keep the price down I would consider the 1.8 T Q and easily modify it or the 2.8Q. Several people in this room know the specifics behind 1.8 T modifications and even I recognize how this can be done easily and inexpensively. Audi's Quattro is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
There is always something new and improved "showing up next year"...

I just can't wait anymore... IS300 here I come.

The 2002 Mazda Rx-Evolv might be a winner...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
TEG, I hear ya, man. I recently bought a 53 Packard so I have something to play with until the GPS and stick arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
brad
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing