Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my rear tail light fuse keeps on blowing out anyone have any idea wats wrong. brake lights do work but the rest of the rear lights keep on going out.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
do you have a system installed? I had this problem with my last car, fuse kept blowing out, found out that i had a wire sticking out that i didn't cut off completely so when it hit metal it would blow out my tail light fuse.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
are your bumper markers disconnected?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Now this is happening to me as well... and I have no system... has anyone had this issue and successfully fixed it?
do you get a rear light out indicator on your guage cluster(looks like a image of a car with lines behind it)? if not, then it is not the taillights, inner stop lights, or top mounted rear stop light. there is a current monitor that is seperatly fed by a 10A GUAGE fuse so if you are not getting that indicator, then it is not a stoplight(taillight). the 10A TAIL fuse also feeds the front parking lights(tiny bulbs inside the HID reflector), front side marker lights, license plate bulbs(2), and rear side marker lights. you will have to replace the fuse and inspect to see which one is out. if they are all working, then you will have to dig deeper and visually check sockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts