Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the search for headers and i kno the ones we all use here which is XERD( out of business), toyomoto (and similar designs), OBX header.

on ebay there are a bunch of replicas of these headers, heres one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-P-...33631QQitemZ7998645885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...33631QQitemZ7999377752QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

what i want to kno is if anyone would kno of any problems that these would have other than the obvious, (fitment and or actual gains if any)

i was just assuming if it was a replica it may perform close to the original its mimicing. let me kno what u find out.

btw: is the TOPSPEED ones really designed by toyomoto?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im thinking of the OBX headers for more low end power.

any sugesttions for headers since i cant really figure what design really works...EDGY?? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
im thinking of the OBX headers for more low end power.

any sugesttions for headers since i cant really figure what design really works...EDGY?? HELP!!!!

obx,hp(toyo),megan would all be i think top end while the TE header would be low end i believe

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
heres a post from monkeypee a while back..

monkeypee said:
This has not been proven scientifically but the consensus is the following:

Toyomoto Header/HP Racing/Alphaworks/Megan Racing/Pro-1 Header - Long range header that gives more power at mid to upper RPM range.

Xerd Header - Same as Toyomoto header, but not as nice. Very low quality, and I believe they are out of business.

Turbo East/OBX Header - Short range header that gives more power in low to mid RPM range.

I personally have the OBX header, and I love it, but there's word on the street that OBX header gives less #s when dyno'd compared to other headers. No one has proved this, but if it were true, I wouldn't be surprised because it can give better numbers low to mid RPM range, but it's possible that max power in High RPM range is lower than the other headers.

You can also check out the sticky in Go Fast forum to see all the available headers:
Here it is:
http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227486&page=1&pp=30

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I gotta get me one of those.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have teh toyomoto headers and y-pipe and im happy with the results. When it his 4500rpms it jsut rips

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the Megan Header and once it hits those mid and top range rpm the car jus wants to go. It turned into a whole new beast after the header and cat delete mod.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
thats why i never heard of the TE, cuz its identical to the OBX one. haha
umm no .....the TE header looks nothing like the obx, the obx looks like all the other ones...ie....hp and megan...i believe from what i've been told TE are short runners and the ohters are long runners

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
pinoyballah said:
heres a post from monkeypee a while back..
lol. glad that post is still helpful.

Just an update on the xerd headers...It seems some people love the xerd headers (maleekrazza is one), and claim that they give the most power. but the fact that they give more top end power and obx/TE headers give more low end power remains the same.

Reactions: CEB

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lexluger180 said:
umm no .....the TE header looks nothing like the obx, the obx looks like all the other ones...ie....hp and megan...i believe from what i've been told TE are short runners and the ohters are long runners

The TE header is identical to the obx one. I have the obx myself and they are short runners like TE. And, there has been some people that ordered TE header and then arrived at their door with a obx badge on it. That has also been confirmed...ask das if you doubt it.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
can somebody care to explain pros of having low end power? also the pros of having high end power?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
pinoyballah said:
can somebody care to explain pros of having low end power? also the pros of having high end power?
PROS of having lowend power? I'd say street races that dont exceed high speeds (guessing 65 and above). Since an is300 is pretty damn heavy...having lowend power should help it launch and pick up speed faster.

PROS of having highend power...when you are on the highway...the car will have a better powerband at higher speeds. The is300 is so called a highway player....so I would rather get the lowend power over the highend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
PROS? which ever u prefer. HIGHER SPEED gains. and then LOWER SPEED GAINS and torque
I personally have the HP with the race pipe and it sounds and pulls beautifully from 3500 up. Even from a dig it has a little more pep, I haven't seen how any of the others pull but it does make a huge diff.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
Just got the HP header, we'll see how it goes.
You must be the local guy who snaked me
:bah: :lol: Just kidding.

Make sure and write a review, I couldn't find one on here.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
E12iC46 said:
PROS of having lowend power? I'd say street races that dont exceed high speeds (guessing 65 and above). Since an is300 is pretty damn heavy...having lowend power should help it launch and pick up speed faster.

PROS of having highend power...when you are on the highway...the car will have a better powerband at higher speeds. The is300 is so called a highway player....so I would rather get the lowend power over the highend.
thanks E12ic46...rep++

1 - 20 of 38 Posts