Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember to spool up your turbo's right when you start your car to get the benefit of the cold-dense air

it's this time of year i stop seeing IS's on the road and all the girls start driving around in their SUV's
i'm represent all four seasons

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
i'm glad that i spent the evening changing to snow tires and raising my car up. i had no problems at all driving to work or anything. did throw the end around when i was parking in our parking lot that we have.

drive safe everyone wherever you might be going today and the rest of the winter season.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Roads were fine this morning, especially the closer u got to DC. IS is snuggling in his garage back @ home. :D

B safe all! Happy Friday!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
BAH!!! the only reason you had an easy ride to work is cuz i was plowing roads in the IS last nite...

an IS meet and I'm the only one who drove one last nite.. PUNKS!!!
okay.. time to break out the beater... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been out plowing since the last post....this is break #1....

long hoursx$20=bank

well, gotta get back at it....

roads still aren't soo great

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
ali1983khan said:
been out plowing since the last post....this is break #1....

long hoursx$20=bank

well, gotta get back at it....

roads still aren't soo great
Supposed to get even more... :pissed: Is it Spring yet?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finished....12.5x20=$250 :D

everyone drive safe, i dunno how many cars/SUV's i saw stuck in the littlest amount of snow...while i saw geo metro's plow threw huge amounts....

SUV's suck in snow

·
Registered
769 Posts
We have at least 6" here in Reston :pissed: :pissed:

My Tahoe did great last night. There was a 4 runner trying to keep up on the tollroad. :lol: :lol: While I was at the toll plaza, a brown 4 door accord blasted by at about 70. He was pulled over before the Hunter Mill Rd. exit. I saw two others pulled on the other side. All cars.

Most of the SUV's were going the speed limit while cars were slipsliding around the beltway. Front wheel drive is nice, but it's not a substitute for 4wd, a foot of ground clearance, and 6500lbs on 265's at all 4 corners. The treads are 3x deeper than on the IS. If my Tahoe is half as good in mud, snow and ice as my Tundra was, I would take it over any car when driving conditions weren't pristine. I've seen awd volvo's and subaru's in a foot of snow, but they weren't making out nearly as well as my truck did. It was hard to tell where the ice they collected stopped and the snow/ice on the ground started.

I see more cars driving crazy in the snow and bad weather than I do the SUV's. I also see more cars that are destroyed on the back of towtrucks than I do SUV's. I love my IS, but I don't think I will ever drive it in bad weather again if I don't have a good reason.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
People are idiots... On the way home last night, there were a few cars (not SUVs) driving more than the speed limit.

Bryant: I'll give ya a call if I need a ride or get stuck! :lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I decided to drive back from Norfolk last night instead of dealing with the snow and traffice this morning. Being from Florida 8) I can say that the whole trip was extremely interesting. I left Norfolk at 1030pm and I didnt get to Bethesda until 0330am. One big reason for the delay in getting home , besides an unexperienced snow driver going 40mph on I-95 was a big accident on 495w that stopped the traffic for almost an hour :x . I am glad I made it home in one piece and my baby will spend the rest of the weekend in the parking garage. Drive safe everyone

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
jarod said:
I decided to drive back from Norfolk last night instead of dealing with the snow and traffice this morning. Being from Florida 8) I can say that the whole trip was extremely interesting. I left Norfolk at 1030pm and I didnt get to Bethesda until 0330am. One big reason for the delay in getting home , besides an unexperienced snow driver going 40mph on I-95 was a big accident on 495w that stopped the traffic for almost an hour :x . I am glad I made it home in one piece and my baby will spend the rest of the weekend in the parking garage. Drive safe everyone
Did your car give you any trouble on the way back in this weather? Glad you & your car made it back safe!

·
Registered
335 Posts
during the majority of the trip i never lost traction, however that theory could be questionable at times. It was not until I got to Bethesda that I started to have problems with the traction. The traction control kept kicking in and I couldnt go faster than 15 mph b/c i would lose traction and that was just going in a straight line. I was extremely relieved when i got home

·
Registered
23 Posts
Snow drift...

I hate the snow. About this time last year i slid into the back of a utility van. I thought the snow button was pushed but maybe it wasn't. Did 10,000$$$$ of damage to my IS and $150 to the van.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Snow drift...

TonED said:
I hate the snow. About this time last year i slid into the back of a utility van. I thought the snow button was pushed but maybe it wasn't. Did 10,000$$$$ of damage to my IS and $150 to the van.
last year i slid in ice into a a montero...at 5-10mph tops...about 3500 in damage...and nothing to him(tow hook on rear) :x

i was plowing on sat/fri.......near toysRus,target in sterling.....my dad's company does that lot....i went to go on break and was plowing to be a nice guy...and all the cars got behind me instead of having to drive in thick snow...so i started zig-zagging when i was plowing and the guy behind followed and the guy behind him got pissed and tried to drive straight and got stuck.......me and the guy that made it threw where laughing our asses off....did the same thing in great falls and when i was coming back down on the road....i saw tiremarks showing people drove in the swerves :lol:

i might be a A-hole....but almost no plow truck will plow where he's not paid to plow because you can only drive 15-20mph max as opposed to double-triple that speed with the blade up, time is money,especially in a emergency condition like that....it was great sh*t :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.