Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now, i just installed a srt intake with a help from a fellow is memeber and, when it was al done, i couldnt close my hood due the heat shield clearance. so i thought, well ill just drive without the heat shield till i can get back to a place where i can shave it. everything was fine, till i was driving back home when all of a sudden, all my lights came on, i first noticed that my power steering died. i pulled over and turned off the car, then turned it back on, and everything was fine. now i hope its the heat shield, i searched out found numerous problems driving with a srt intake without a heat shield can cause. that or maybe some of the e tape on the wiring couldve came off but i highly doubt that ... anyway, im glad i was on a backroad and not near anybody when this happened. tomorrow ima go to the shop pronto and put that shield on, do you guys have any suggestions as to why it happened?

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
It's most likely the heatshield, once the engine warmed up the intake started sucking in hot air (could be from the fan turning on) and the car went into limp mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts