Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy who is into crazy apine F1 status stuff told me that if I were to go with an eclipse head I should go with an eclipse amp and speakers. Is this true? or would a combo of different brands be better. Thanks!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
No difference. No 1 manufacture makes the best of everything. I have NEVER had a system that contained only 1 brand of products, not even sponsored vehicles!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Eclipse are best known for there head units, for probably being one of the best in the class in there price range. They also produce the only 24 bit dac aftermarket GPS/CD/DVD unit availible on the market. Speakers and amps wise, you can find other brands that will easily out perform eclipse at the same price.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have been using Eclipse stuff for the better part of a year, and I am VERY happy with the SQ. I will probably never go back to any other manufacturer as far a headunit goes. Their amps sound great as well. Good luck. BTW Alpine F1 status stuff is real nice too.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW Alpine F1 status stuff is real nice too.
Yeah so I hear, my friends magnum can be heard from 4 blocks away. Its all alpine, he has about 4,000$ in it.:jawDrop:
-Wes

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can basically mix and match manufacturers components as you like. That is in general. There may be specific cases that can cause compatability problems but that is not very common these days. The only time you have to use common manufacturers is when you are using components that communicate over a proprietary bus i.e. headunit/CD changer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have an ecilpse head unit and MB Quart amps and the sound is great! My previous system was kenwood hu and alpine amps( which btw i think are the best) and sounded good also.

phistration said:
The only time you have to use common manufacturers is when you are using components that communicate over a proprietary bus i.e. headunit/CD changer.
Thats one of the advantages of having the Alpine screen and their amps, you can control the amps from the screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts