Lexus IS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 168 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts

· Registered
1,029 Posts
thanks, but i guess i forgot to mention that i hit a major pot hole in feb-march this year and got it "fixed" or aligned at the dealership and then just recently is when I found out my tires wore on front inside. how come after the alignment since march, the tires wore out? Not sure if another alignment will do anything. I guess I can try.
Keep in mind that the specs in that photograph aren't factory OEM numbers... They were numbers provided by another user on this forum which I used for my own car which fixed the tire wear issue.

· Registered
10 Posts
I definitely need bushings for my '02 IS. It's all over the road. I've emailed TM engineering a couple of times asking them to verify that the control arms for the GS and 430 are the same, but I haven't received a response. I've also looked for top speed on ebay, and haven't found them. I need these ASAP, before my new tires are toast. Any recommendations from you guys? TM seems to be reasonable, if I could just get them to answer a freakin' email.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
So I replaced the rear bushings on the front control arms today.. And my alignment is still jacked up..

With the steering wheel straight, looking from up top the wheels look like | /

Messed with the toe adjustment on the passenger side and adjusted the rod 3-4 revolutions to try to make it somewhat better. It's better but still far from perfect..

I don't understand it... How could my toe become SO far off over time without even touching the toe adjustments?!?!?!?!? I mean, I turned the toe adjustment 3-4 revolutions and it STILL wasn't back to where it used to be??!?! (this is all on passenger side)

On the good side the new rear control arm bushings made the steering SOOOOO much better and tighter, no more loose feeling.. But unfortunately something else that is badly worn is throwing off my alignment... :(

Maybe it's time for me to move on and get something newer :*(
As for the gs bushing kit, you will only be able to use 2 bushings of the set. I think.....

So after some thought it became clear how a bad #1 bushing would make my alignment the way it is.... (replaced the #2 bushings and alignment was still effed up). I would suggest the Top Speed kit as you will be able to use all of the bushings.

· Premium Member
4,501 Posts
So I replaced the rear bushings on the front control arms today.. And my alignment is still jacked up..

With the steering wheel straight, looking from up top the wheels look like | /

Messed with the toe adjustment on the passenger side and adjusted the rod 3-4 revolutions to try to make it somewhat better. It's better but still far from perfect..

I don't understand it... How could my toe become SO far off over time without even touching the toe adjustments?!?!?!?!? I mean, I turned the toe adjustment 3-4 revolutions and it STILL wasn't back to where it used to be??!?! (this is all on passenger side)

On the good side the new rear control arm bushings made the steering SOOOOO much better and tighter, no more loose feeling.. But unfortunately something else that is badly worn is throwing off my alignment... :(

Maybe it's time for me to move on and get something newer :*(
You just replaced the bad bushings and are still running on the alignment that was done with bad bushing (ie was a flawed alignment to begin with).

If you replace bad suspension bushings you will need a new alignment!

· Registered
1,029 Posts
You just replaced the bad bushings and are still running on the alignment that was done with bad bushing (ie was a flawed alignment to begin with).

If you replace bad suspension bushings you will need a new alignment!
The last alignment was done about 2 years ago... The car drove perfect and the alignment was perfect up until now. I'll get an alignment after all the bushings are install anyway just to be safe.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
So I took the #1 control arm out and the #1 bushings look ok..... I'm gonna go ahead and replace them anyways since I already have new ones.

On the passenger side (where my alignment is messed up) the camber bolt was a little too easy to break loose.. Something tells me it shifted out of alignment over the years..

Thank goodness for Firestone lifetime alignment!

· Registered
23 Posts
So my package from Top Speed arrived today for the lower bushings.. And guess what? The rear bushing looks similar but is way too small/short, and the other bushing looks NOTHING like the one on our cars.... **** i'm pissed!

Hi guys, just a heads up with those wrong bushings.

eBay seller ccis99 sells those for 49$ + shipping but they also have the wrong ones like in the picture above. I bought them and got the same wrong ones. I tried to contact them but they won't answer my emails. So beware, they are tempting since they are 49$ instead of 60$ like the others but they are wrong.

· Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Hi guys, just a heads up with those wrong bushings.

eBay seller ccis99 sells those for 49$ + shipping but they also have the wrong ones like in the picture above. I bought them and got the same wrong ones. I tried to contact them but they won't answer my emails. So beware, they are tempting since they are 49$ instead of 60$ like the others but they are wrong.
i got them from ebay, and i got the right ones.

· Registered
1,885 Posts
as for the daizen bushings: im still on the fence since they are polyurethane and need to be greased often.
TM Engineering - Lexus GS300 GS400 GS430 Daizen Sport Tuning Performance Parts

anyone confirm if these work for the IS? and same issues as above regards to poly.
Lexus

i actually like my TRD bushings on my corolla, so in the end i will just end up getting the TRD no. 2 bushings. being a higher durameter rubber is a plus.

i dont think i would want to put an OEM (even "OEM" replacement) back in where it is just going to fail prematurely.

· Premium Member
4,501 Posts
as for the daizen bushings: im still on the fence since they are polyurethane and need to be greased often.
TM Engineering - Lexus GS300 GS400 GS430 Daizen Sport Tuning Performance Parts

anyone confirm if these work for the IS? and same issues as above regards to poly.
Lexus

i actually like my TRD bushings on my corolla, so in the end i will just end up getting the TRD no. 2 bushings. being a higher durameter rubber is a plus.

i dont think i would want to put an OEM (even "OEM" replacement) back in where it is just going to fail prematurely.
The Topspeed bushings are definitely not oem replacements. They are made by Hard Race and the suby guys replace good working oem bushings with these due to the higher durometer.

Also the only bushings I would do poly are the Number 2 front lower control arms. They do not move or slide just stretch.
Also I would do the steering rack bushings due to how they work and the fact that the GS and SC crowd do not get any noises from that either (yes I know, I have a SC)

101 - 120 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.