Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,827 Posts
It is a very good deal.
Go to Luxury motorworks. They have very good reputation here.

·
Registered
37,399 Posts
Discount Tire in El MOnte offers Life Time Alignment....pretty great deal....around $150?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Talk to some one who actually knows about the lifetime alignments, and the reason they do it. It is a scam to get you back in to check your brakes, tires, ect. They do a quick front toe adjustment if your lucky and send you on the way. If you want it done right take it to the people who really care and do a four wheel alignment. Camber, toe, and caster front and rear. www.luxurymotorworks.com

·
Registered
324 Posts
The lifetime alignment at Firestone is a COMPLETE 4-wheel alignment.

I hope you know, 90% of cars needing alignment are in for toe-adjustment. A lot of shops advertised as adjusting toe, camber, and caster but the camber and caster usually never needs adjusting unless you modified the supsension in someway or the car was in a accident.

Plus the shops will give you a printout on papaer of the before and after specs w/ manufacteur specificed ranged for alignment adjustment. So I don't see how you can get ripped off if they have to adjust it to manufactuer specs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I,m just telling you what I was told. Like you said Most cars don't need an alignment to begin with unluss they were in an accident or lowered. That's why I'm telling you $149.00 for a lifetime alignment is a scam to get you back in the door. I don't know how much you know about alignments but I hear it is very easy to minimulate the readings so it appears as if they had to adjust something. "scam" :shame: I'm sure not all firestones are like this but it is a way to get you to come back

·
Registered
324 Posts
From what you have written, I can tell you don't know jack about alignments or can read properly. First off, I never said most cars do not need an alignment unless if was in a accident. Road conditions can dictate how fast you need a alignment. I have seen members on here with less then 10k miles needing a alignment. Second, I said most alignments usually requre adjusting of the TOE only, the camber & caster are the other 2 which usually don't need adjusting unless the suspension was modified or the car was in a accident.

And if you can do your math, you will see how this is a pretty good deal. For the price of two alignment, you get a lifetime alignment. Say you keep the car for 10 years, at the price of $70 a alignment per year, that will come out to $700. Even if you get a alignment once every 2 years for 10 years, that will come out to $350. Why pay this when you can pay $149 one time and not have to worry about it again. Also, everyone here knows how the IS tires are Z rated and do not last very long. A out of spec alignment can easily lead to some costly tire replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sorry. :crazy: You're right. It is obvious that i can't add. I mean most people do keep their cars for 10 years, and doing an alignment every year would be quite expensive. You would think firestone would be out of business doing something like this, but I guess they do it cause they are nice people. I mean I'm sure they wouldn't do it because they would benefit. Look at all the money they could make if they didn't offer lifetime alignments. There must be something else I'm not seeing but, you are correct I do have a hard time adding. I do appreciate you pointing this out to me. Thank You

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.