Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my car realigned around 3 times now... every two months or so it gets thrown off again...

I was told to get a Camber-Kit but they dont make one for the IS300... so is there anything else i can do to avoid this?

Since it's costing me around 100 everytime... and right now the steering wheel is also slightly bent...

I'm running on H&R springs and Bilstien shocks

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. I had my car re-aligned twice now on some springs... and my steering wheel has never been 100% dead on in the center. Maybe like 5 degrees to the left. I've taken it back, also to another shop, had it re-done, and everytime they give me the papers showing it's within the specs, and it's still not straight.

I've been monitoring my tire wear very closely and haven't been able to come up with any unusual signs. So I don't know why my wheel is the way it is, much like what it sounds that you are having as well.

You can probably get a camber kit. I know other brands make them. H&R is a pretty decently low drop, isn't it? About 2.0"?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its around 2 inches... (lol, first time i ever said that...lol)

But thanks for your feedback, we havin the same problem for real...

I'm do a search for a camber kit right now... shits irking me to say the very least...

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
i get this too, ui would encourage other s to get it checked as well,

i take it you are going to a lexus dealer to get the allignmen done, they are over priced and half assed.

go to an NTB, they do allignment packages, i think 1 year is like 100$, maybre i got a discount as i got a set of tires too, but after that its all the allignments you can handle for a year, they have 5 year packages as well.

the IS's suspension seems to get knocked out of place pretty easilly, i agree, its a pain

·
Registered
608 Posts
ur alignment usually doesnt get knocked out unless ur hitting so major pot holes or someone doesnt know what their doing. BTW our cars have frt and rear camber adjustments from the factory. I guess u need something that will allow for more adjustment?

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
roads are pretty bad up here, i know i have hit some nast y bumps, and your from charlotte, there aren't many there (i am from charlotte) pot holes are mean, so is road construction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts