Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lil bit confused here when i brought my 05 is300 today at suspension carshop for installing my hotckis springs + swaybars and alignment. after they install the parts and correct the alignment, my camber seems look like on negative. which is the tires kinda inward specially the rear tires. i noticed it when they drop the car from the lifting machine.

actually i was watchin my car while they installing my suspension parts.
after they done installing all the suspension parts, my car still looks like on factory height.

shouldn't they compress the suspension first, before making adjustment to the camber? cu'z the car still on factory height while they doing the alignment. :confused:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

here's the print out receipt after their alignment. how could exactly they can read the factory camber reading from this receipt? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
You must understand first, you're car is dropped, lowered, or maybe slammed. There is no way the adjustments are going to be back perfectly at manf. specification. However, the tech did do the right thing, rather then trying to bring individual wheels into manf specs. he matched each axle. With our cars lowered for the rears camber reading looks normal and so does the rears.

By looking at the before specs, there is not way you're car was at factory height when the alignment was being done. Maybe you saw your vehicle as the alignment sensors were being compensated for runout, which means the car was of the wheels (looking at the printout sheet I can tell it's and old system, and not the new target system).

P.S try to post in the right forum next time.

·
Registered
386 Posts
well i hope you are going to get your alignment done again later.. cause once your springs settle down you are going to need one again. If i were you i would have waited a week or 2 before getting the alignment in the first place

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
jcheung said:
well i hope you are going to get your alignment done again later.. cause once your springs settle down you are going to need one again. If i were you i would have waited a week or 2 before getting the alignment in the first place
They don't settle far enough to knock out the alignment that bad. Plus the camber for both front and rear looks maxed out anyways.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't like the rear cambers view or so the tires. will adding a wheel spacer (say 1/2 inch) a good idea to push the tires outward? cu'z i can't find any camber kit for is300 at all.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
^^spacers will not straighten up the wheel and camber issue. it's a waste of money.

as Eminence mentioned, your car is lowered, it will always have neg. camber (OEM spec has slight negative camber also). It's just more obvious to you now, because the car lowered.
on my car, the rear wheels looks like it's got bad camber issues but in reality the tires wear evenly in the rear. My front's look fine, but it has inner tire wear. (yes, i know Toe has to do with the inner tire wear also).

seeing your print out, your actual specs now are pretty decent. stay away from spacers if your intentions are just to straighten the wheel up. It won't do no good.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You can use the Cusco A-arms for the front was it? There is a thread on it recently and some pictures from rmmgs4. That cusco arm can adjust camber for the front only. And nobody have seem to make a rear yet.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
E12iC46 said:
You can use the Cusco A-arms for the front was it? There is a thread on it recently and some pictures from rmmgs4. That cusco arm can adjust camber for the front only. And nobody have seem to make a rear yet.
Honestly it's not worth the money at all. Where his alignment is at right now is fine. I was bored at work so I decided to do mine again.

My rear camber is at -1.5 both sides. It has been like this for 2 years and my tires has been wearing out pretty eveningly. The front camber was at -0.9 both sides. Like Kraze8 has said slapping on a spacer does nothing with your wheel alignment. Spacers are only ment for pushing a wheel outward to make it "look" nice, it has nothing to do with alignment issues.

LEAVE YOUR ALIGNMENT THE WAY IT IS, IT IS FINE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts