Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search regarding this issue. I am on my 3rd pair of front tires. There has only been 8,000. miles between the first 2 sets. I have taken it to the dealership and they have adjusted the alignment (they actually paid for the last set of front tires). I drive 95% highway miles and live in Fl. where there aren't the potholes like in the north.
Has there been any recalls or information on how to fix this?
Any advise would be great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You haven't really explained the problem. Whats wrong with the alignment, is it loose? is it pulling in one direction? How did the tires wear? Are you stock? What did they try to do to fix it? and what have they said about it afterwards?
Theres no recalls or anything, but it sounds like something is pretty wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inner wheel wear every time. The last set and alignemt the dealer performed felt fine. I didn't feel any pull or unbalanced. It was only after they were checking for my 50k maintenance did they discover it. They said it was off 4 degrees. I'm assuming that the camber. That set lasted me 5,000 miles. I would never guessed it was off.
I'm going to let it go until my next appointment. I drive so much that my routine maintanence is about every 6 weeks.
Its just frustrating.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i had the same problem when i first got my car and i kept taking it back to them until they finally fixed it. i got a set of new tires also:) which i blieve they just adjusted the camber and its been fine

·
Registered
316 Posts
i would think they just messed up on the alignment

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 05 that is dropped about 1.75 all the way around and i got 25k out of my stock tires. almost all of fwy miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts