Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
So that B2S1 o2 is the one you merged B1S1 into right? Then you have the downstream O2 deleted with sims? Thanks for your help.
Yes, b1s1 signal wires merged to b2s1. b1s1 heater wires can be wired to a dummy o2 sensor so the ecu sees a power draw. In my case I don't need to do that because my boomslang harness has resistors in it that allows me to merge the wires without throwing a code. For people who don't want to mess with resistors, I gave an alternative that works.

·
3,550 Posts
Yes, b1s1 signal wires merged to b2s1. b1s1 heater wires can be wired to a dummy o2 sensor so the ecu sees a power draw. In my case I don't need to do that because my boomslang harness has resistors in it that allows me to merge the wires without throwing a code. For people who don't want to mess with resistors, I gave an alternative that works.
You could wire in a load resister in . Instead of the sensor.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
You could wire in a load resister in . Instead of the sensor.
Just trying to make it simple for folks who don't want to deal with resistors and soldering...butnyes I assume a resistor could also be used on the heater wires.

·
3,550 Posts
Just trying to make it simple for folks who don't want to deal with resistors and soldering...butnyes I assume a resistor could also be used on the heater wires.
I was referring to the heater circuit on your primary splice. Instead of leaving a sensor plugged in for it. A 20 ohm should cover it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I installed the xcessive throttle lock to test it out with the stock ecu and see if it made a difference. I've been really happy with it in the 200+ miles I've driven with it. The quick throttle movements are way more responsive and noticeable and also WOT at the top of the RPM range feels stronger. So far I can't notice any downsides and I always turn traction control off. The increased pedal stiffness is noticeable but I adjusted to it quickly. Here's a video from yesterday.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #126 (Edited)
Another update. The car is still running great. I ended up taking the throttle lock out because my buddy killed his throttle body within a month of using it and I'd rather not deal with that.

I put 7mge cressida green top injectors ay det fuel pressure to 38psi and the car has much happier AFRs on full boost and the fuel trims on stock ecu are still good. No check engine lights or codes and car pulls strong with no smoke or other signs of failure. Here's a video from a private road.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I reckon you are better off running a secondary "dummy" throttle body, so the ECU thinks it is controlling things (the dummy) and your pedal is connected to the main one without the stepper motor and all that crap. You will loose cruise control if you have it and lose traction control, though i expect if you planted your boot with the xcessive lock in the traction control wouldn't overcome your boot anyway.

·
3,550 Posts
Another update. The car is still running great. I ended up taking the throttle lock out because my buddy killed his throttle body within a month of using it and I'd rather not deal with that.

I put 7mge cressida green top injectors ay det fuel pressure to 38psi and the car has much happier AFRs on full boost and the fuel trims on stock ecu are still good. No check engine lights or codes and car pulls strong with no smoke or other signs of failure. Here's a video from a private road.

You could send your ECU off to get remapped. They can make the ramp rate 1 to 1 on the butterfly. toyotav8.com..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I'm considering the ecu remapping, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback from them yet and one of the guys I was talking to said they weren't able to do some of the stuff they said they could and he had trouble with it and had to go back and forth with them. I definitely notice the slower throttle response without the throttle lock...

·
3,550 Posts
I'm considering the ecu remapping, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback from them yet and one of the guys I was talking to said they weren't able to do some of the stuff they said they could and he had trouble with it and had to go back and forth with them. I definitely notice the slower throttle response without the throttle lock...
The one I mentioned should have no issue doing that and a few other things to the ECU. Drop him an email if you want. There was anther member that just used them recently.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts