Lexus IS Forum banner
261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
This weekend I rebuilt the parking brake assembly and installed new shoes and added grease as needed. This resolved a bunch of weird noises in the rear when I would pull the ebrake handle. Now I can pull the ebrake while moving and there is no noise but the tires locking up. I also replaced the rear brake lines and bled the brakes. The cheap lines I had on there weren't the right shape where they connect to the caliper and were too close to the wheel as a result. The new lines are a way better fit and will allow for way more aggressive wheel and tire setups as needed. I also drained and filled the rear diff. The old fluid still looked like honey colored and it didn't have any chunks come out. I also replaced the hood struts as they were over 5 years old. I have the g4 figs kit and I just took the strut to O'Reilly and they found a basically identical dimension match that is nice and strong for the stock hood. As for the tune on the car, It still needs to be dialed in more. The low load cruising area is throwing off the fuel trims and I'm having to reset fuel trims after a few days of driving. I have been taking datalogs of the runs and need to sit down and make tune adjustments on the fuel tables. It's been very safe AFRs on boost so I haven't been too concerned, but after some driving time I will start to see the bank 1 and bank 2 being driven in opposite directions and that's when I'll reset the battery and clear the trims and it's good again for awhile. The engine just crossed over 203k miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This weekend I rebuilt the parking brake assembly and installed new shoes and added grease as needed. This resolved a bunch of weird noises in the rear when I would pull the ebrake handle. Now I can pull the ebrake while moving and there is no noise but the tires locking up. I also replaced the rear brake lines and bled the brakes. The cheap lines I had on there weren't the right shape where they connect to the caliper and were too close to the wheel as a result. The new lines are a way better fit and will allow for way more aggressive wheel and tire setups as needed. I also drained and filled the rear diff. The old fluid still looked like honey colored and it didn't have any chunks come out. I also replaced the hood struts as they were over 5 years old. I have the g4 figs kit and I just took the strut to O'Reilly and they found a basically identical dimension match that is nice and strong for the stock hood. As for the tune on the car, It still needs to be dialed in more. The low load cruising area is throwing off the fuel trims and I'm having to reset fuel trims after a few days of driving. I have been taking datalogs of the runs and need to sit down and make tune adjustments on the fuel tables. It's been very safe AFRs on boost so I haven't been too concerned, but after some driving time I will start to see the bank 1 and bank 2 being driven in opposite directions and that's when I'll reset the battery and clear the trims and it's good again for awhile. The engine just crossed over 203k miles.
So are you thinking that the piggy back is not suited for longterm use?

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
So are you thinking that the piggy back is not suited for longterm use?
The FIC piggyback has no table for coolant temp or air intake temp offset so as the seasons change then the tune needs to be adjusted. Also the stock ecu is pretty determined to make changes to get fuel trims where it wants. I have taken a bunch of datalogs and made some basic fuel table changes to ensure it's rich on boost, but I need to spend more time working on the low load areas to make the stock ecu happy. The car runs great and I'm not at all concerned about using it for awhile. I don't drive it a lot of miles so I'm ok with how it is for now. I've been focused on other maintenance items lately because the engine seems fine.

Reactions: keagan22
261 - 264 of 264 Posts