Lexus IS Forum banner
221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 · (Edited)
What sort of RCA cable were you running? I have had the same issue with un-sheilded cables, mostly cause i was a cheap ass and didnt want to pay for the good ones :rolleyes::LOL:
I am using high quality shielded rcas with gold plated ends. If you're having similar issues consider going the same route as me and using a line output converter instead of the rca outputs on the head unit. I never had these issues when I was using a basic non-android head unit. The issues began when I installed the ATOTO unit. I'm so happy with the functionality of the unit that I dealt with the alternator whine and turn on popping for the last couple of years. Now I'm glad to put it behind me for good. It's so annoying taking the center console apart...

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
I got around to cleaning and installing the set of Altezza cloth seats I picked up recently. They are so much lighter compared to the full leather ones they replaced. I also installed the fire extinguisher mount from xcessive.

Car Vehicle Seat belt Motor vehicle Window

Gear shift Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
You're missing out if you aren't subscribed to Irvin Ortega on YouTube. He came by and drove my car and did a video on it.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Today I installed the FMS 550cc injectors and got the car to idle nicely with the AEM FIC. I reduced the fuel pressure to 42psi as I don't need it so high with such large injectors. I took some videos so I'll try to make an edit and post it on my YouTube soon. I'm hoping to road tune the car sometime this week.

Reactions: Kris OK

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Here's the video of me installing the injectors and setting up the AEM FIC fuel table to get the car to run with the larger injectors.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Good deal. It is funny in the video you set the injector size to 450cc vs 550cc.
I did that deliberately because on the spec sheet that came with the injectors they show a flow of 450cc at 42psi. I should've probably explained that better. There will be more videos to follow where I'll try to explain stuff in more detail about tuning on the FIC.

Reactions: 01 SolarYellow

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
What psi is needed for 550cc? 50?
I'll have to check the paper but I think 55 or 60psi. I'm fine with that because even at 450cc of flow it'll be plenty for the 10psi maximum boost I want to run on the stock engine.

Reactions: ill_mannered

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
I was able to do some road tuning with my friend tonight and the car is driving really nice. AFR is staying in the low 11s on full boost and 13-15 on cruise. I definitely need to dial it in a bit more, but initial impressions are good. I'll pull some dashcam footage and upload it soon. We cut our tuning session short because we witnessed a t-bone accident and I needed to give the dashcam footage to both parties.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Here's a new video of the car running on the 550cc injectors. This was using the z104 firmware on the FIC. I flashed the z110 firmware after this to give it a try and see how it compares. I noticed that the car fires up immediately with the z110 firmware where before on the z104 firmware it took an extra second or 2 to fire up. This issue only arose when I put the 550cc injectors in. On stock injectors the startup was just like OEM on the FIC.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Today I installed resistors on the cam and crank input wires going into the FIC. This fixed the high rpm 5800+ and sudden WOT cutout issue I was experiencing after I plugged the FIC in with the boomslang harness. I assumed that it was already setup with the resistors, but it wasn't. I'm going to do a video on how to add the resistors for folks who may have a similar issue on their FIC6 installed in an IS300. The car drove great but it seemed like in higher rpms that the FIC wasn't able to process the rpm signals and it was acting like a rev limiter and hesitating. Now with the resistors it's driving great.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
i need to recirc my dump tube so bad. tired of the noise. it dont even sound good with stock muffler
Stock muffler was VERY restrictive and forced my wastegate open from the backpressure. i wish I could run a stock muffler and be even more sleeper.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Tonight I picked up an R154 locally with everything needed to put it into an IS300. I just ordered a cheap clutch that will suffice for the current power level. I placed my order on quantum auto to get my auto ecu turned into a manual. I'll be sending my ecu off tomorrow. I'm hoping to gather all of the misc. parts and get the manual swap done some weekend over the next month or 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tonight I picked up an R154 locally with everything needed to put it into an IS300. I just ordered a cheap clutch that will suffice for the current power level. I placed my order on quantum auto to get my auto ecu turned into a manual. I'll be sending my ecu off tomorrow. I'm hoping to gather all of the misc. parts and get the manual swap done some weekend over the next month or 2.
Looking forward to seeing the content

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some progress over the weekend:

1) finished mounting the ABS relocation. I re-bent one of the lines that goes to the front right wheel so that it just plugs right into the ABS in the new location.

2) Drilled and tapped oil drain hole. Bent the automatic transmission hard lines so they are out of the way of the drain hose and also don't hit anything else but still connect to the radiator.

3) Removed lower oil pan to clean the metal shavings from drilling the oil drain hole.I replaced the lower pan because my original pan was very dented from the previous owner running the car very low.

4) Installed the oil feed line using a 1/8 BSPT tee on the oil pressure sender port on the driver side of the block. This is what I used:

5) After the lower oil pan was reinstalled, I secured the engine mount bolts on both sides and removed my jack from the spot where it was holding on the upper oil pan area. I reinstalled the lower chassis brace that was removed.

6) I also heat wrapped the manifold with titanium heat wrap. I will also be wrapping the downpipe.
can you go more in depth with how this works for the oil feed?

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
can you go more in depth with how this works for the oil feed?
Those $10 adapters are available on ebay. It just goes inline on the oil pressure sender that sits right below the intake runners. I installed it with the side port straight up and the oil line connects easily to it.

Reactions: keagan22
221 - 238 of 238 Posts