Lexus IS Forum banner
181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
I made a video today to discuss the connections for the catch can and the intake manifold to help people figure it out.

Reactions: 01 SolarYellow

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 · (Edited)
Tonight I finally fixed my ABS issue. The problem was that as I was coming to a stop with very light pedal pressure the ABS would engage with an audible brrr/groan noise and the car would stop violently. A Facebook group member told me about an adjustment for the master cylinder pressure switch that is on the brake pedal. A Grey sensor mounted on the right side of the brake pedal has a 10mm adjustment bolt with a locking nut straight up above the sensor. A handful of clockwise turns on the adjuster bolt and my erratic ABS lockup issue was resolved. This somehow turns up the required pedal pressure sensor voltage for the ABS module to activate. The target voltage was around 0.9V. Mine was showing as 0.7V on my techstream. I'm so thankful to that person because I would've never fixed it. I did a lot of other work to the brakes in an effort to fix it, but now it is fixed for good.

Also, tonight I dropped the transmission pan to review the line pressure setting on it. I didn't take the pan off when I put this used transmission that has the toyomoto rods in it on. The line pressure was still set in the middle. I turned it up to high. I'm excited to see how that helps shifting even more. I am waiting for the rtv to cure before adding toyota type IV fluid to it and test driving it.

I am registered for some wet skid pad drifting this Friday, so I'm trying to give the car a good once over so that I can hopefully avoid any issues. I may end up doing some midnight mayhem drag racing as well if the line isn't insanely long.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
The car shifts WAY better with the line pressure turned up to high. In the lower gears the car still struggled to shift quick enough before hitting limiter but it's good now.

·
4,795 Posts
The car shifts WAY better with the line pressure turned up to high. In the lower gears the car still struggled to shift quick enough before hitting limiter but it's good now.
Yeah the rods and high pressure will not change that. But the Shift kit from TransGo will change that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
The car is still running great. Just passed smog again for the 2nd year with the turbo on it.

A few days ago my APPS sensor threw a code and I was getting a dead throttle. I followed a YouTube video and opened up the plastic to resolder the contacts and that seemed to fix the issue. I was surprised that was such an easy fix.

I also replaced one of the godspeed rear upper control arm ball joints because the threaded rod of the ball joint had bent pretty significantly. I think I kissed a curb with that wheel so I guess it makes sense. Godspeed sent me a pair of replacement ball joints for $45 each and now I will have a spare in case it happens again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
When are you going to tweak it on the FIC?
When I have more time to mess with it. I just replaced my wideband o2 sensor because it was messed up and was preventing the wideband output reading to the FIC. Now that it's all working, I can take some FIC datalogs and work on making tune changes.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts