Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Know Of Any Is300's Running Alcohol/ethanol?

I Am Considering Converting Mine... Would Like To Know What All It Would Take...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry This May Even Be The Wrong Forum... Please Forgive Me If It Is... This Car Would Also Be Boosted (as Soon As My Extended Warranty Runs Out)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A few guys on the forum are running meth/H20 including me, try using the search function. There is also a ton of info on supraforums.com

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am running the stage 2 boost cooler unit... It is a great setup with some of the following features...
Pump is compatible with all mixes, Unlike aquamist
Pump can be run dry
Low level indicator
Power on indicator
Progressive controller that adds more alcohol/water as the boost pressure increases

downsides...
progressive controllers maximum setting to start injection is 8psi, so you are burning the mix when its not neccessary
If you drive like I do, the tank goes empty relatively quick (1tank gas or 1 1/2 tanks)
car will need to be tuned with the setup
I gained approximately 28whp with this setup, simply because it enabled me to turn up the boost higher than I could safely run on 93 alone

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1yellowturbois said:
I am running the stage 2 boost cooler unit... It is a great setup with some of the following features...
Pump is compatible with all mixes, Unlike aquamist
Pump can be run dry
Low level indicator
Power on indicator
Progressive controller that adds more alcohol/water as the boost pressure increases

downsides...
progressive controllers maximum setting to start injection is 8psi, so you are burning the mix when its not neccessary
If you drive like I do, the tank goes empty relatively quick (1tank gas or 1 1/2 tanks)
car will need to be tuned with the setup
I gained approximately 28whp with this setup, simply because it enabled me to turn up the boost higher than I could safely run on 93 alone

I am actually wanting to convert to Ethanol completely, or at least be able to run E85 (85% Ethanol blend @ 105 octane) in my tank. Reason being is I am researching what I need to produce my own, I know it can be produced for very cheap in comparison to buying gas and there are added benefits to running it versus regular gas. Also the fact the once it has been set up to run Ethanol I can run regular gas when I am away from my home or somewhere where E85 is not readily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts