Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the car has been banged up for the better part of the winter, and it's time to start putting it back together.

I need help finding a black onyx front bumper in Alberta (Shipping + Customs = Death), and a black onyx hood (May also consider carbon fiber).

If you or anyone you know has either parts in ANY color, or if you know of a wrecker/etc that may have an IS or two, please let me know. I hate the thought of having to have a hood and bumper shipped up from the states and paying out the ass for it... :(

TIA, and see you at the meet...

·
Registered
545 Posts
How come not just get a new hood and bumper and have it paint matched? Even if you find one here, or you find one in the states that's already painted, it will most likely not match your cars colour because different environment oxidizes car differently. And also depends on the previous owner, if he didn't know how to wash cars then it'll have so much swirls and may look worse than what you might already have. Just a thought, nevertheless, good luck on the search

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole car was painted last spring, so it hasn't had much time to fade, and I've kept it pretty good with the exception of running it into a parked van earlier this winter...haha

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think that "Do_Luck" might be able to help you out for a new hood & bumper. He has great connections as he used to be the parts rep for Lexus of Edmonton. I was going to get a new bumper and he said that they really were not that expensive.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that "Do_Luck" might be able to help you out for a new hood & bumper. He has great connections as he used to be the parts rep for Lexus of Edmonton. I was going to get a new bumper and he said that they really were not that expensive.
Awesome. PM sent.

Here's hoping...

Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts