Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of adding an intake just to make it sound more aggresive. Any recommendations on what I should put on? As well if anyone knows a place that does it in Ottawa. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
K&n Fipk Ii !!!

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
854 Posts
if money was no object for the intake, SRT + ECU by far. gives you meaner sound and actually improves quite a bit. If you are like me, K&N

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
How much does the SRT+ecu go for in ontario?

Debating if I should pick that up or just wait till the GTTE comes in.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
If you want a big sound/performance increase... then SRT is the way to go. But it is $$$!!!

I know you can't really use youtube as a precise comparison... but here's a video clip of the SRT.
YouTube - SRT Lexus IS300 Intake WOT 45-90mph
YouTube - SRT High Flow Intake Lexus IS300
YouTube - IS300 Borla Exhaust SRT Intake

Any open element (cone) filter will probably give you a louder/meaner engine note. K&N FIPK is also popular.

Joe Z is another popular intake... and it does give your engine a meaner sound... but it's nowhere near as noticeable as SRT.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
1,621 Posts
SRT intake all the way!!! Definitely one of my favorite mods!

I still remember buying this intake even before I bought my car... :blush:

·
Registered
149 Posts
+1 for SRT head nothing but great things about it, looking for one myself.. hopefully I can get my hands on one before the nice weather.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
is it really that good?

Hmm. I might buy it.

On the other hand, I think I gotta slow down on the mods, Ive done way too much imo in the past 5 months.

·
Registered
962 Posts
is it really that good?

Hmm. I might buy it.

On the other hand, I think I gotta slow down on the mods, Ive done way too much imo in the past 5 months.
lol, don't even get me started. :(

i've got so much stuff lined up for the car, it's just gotta get put on.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
haha, so far im up to 16 mods and $3500 on my credit card. Gotta get shit paided off or bye bye 2jz-GTTE =(

·
Registered
962 Posts
lets go with double that for me. which so much more in the works, which will put it up even more.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
LoL chunks I feel you man.

For me, I don't even want to talk about how much I've spent in mods. It's actually pretty shocking once I add it all up. I never knew it was THAT much. I could paid off my car by now lol...

with that said, I'm looking to dump a good bit on coin on it this year as well. Well I've already started with that... =(

·
Registered
962 Posts
LoL chunks I feel you man.

For me, I don't even want to talk about how much I've spent in mods. It's actually pretty shocking once I add it all up. I never knew it was THAT much. I could paid off my car by now lol...

with that said, I'm looking to dump a good bit on coin on it this year as well. Well I've already started with that... =(
i'm in the same boat. could've payed a good chunk of my car off.

atleast with what you're spending, you're making your car go faster. :blush:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i'm in the same boat. could've payed a good chunk of my car off.

atleast with what you're spending, you're making your car go faster. :blush:
hahaha i guess this is true to an extent. Broke Modders FTL :(

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I say enjoy it while you can, you never know when you'll have to start asking your significant other if you can spend $10 on a car wash :)

Just keep that CC under control and only buy when you have enough to cover the costs at the time of purchase not next month.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts