Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the air intake sensor off of ebay yet that claims to boost Hp by 20? Sounds like a scam. Don't really care to mess with my engine unless you guys may have good feedback.....and what about the K&N air filter? Notice any difference? Thanks for the advice, figure it's best to start with yall first :)

Millenium Silver, 02. No mods but gettin the itch.

·
Premium Member
52,535 Posts
The ebay thing is just a resistor that makes your ECU think the intake air is cooler. I don't think anyone us using that.

The K&N or TRD or other permanent filters may give a little more flow, and will pay for themselves by being cleanable and not needing to be changed out. Nothing really there in performance.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
hello,

welcome to is300.net

regarding the ebay intake sensor mod, yes, it is a scam, and it may also cause permanent damage to your engine.

there are many intakes available,
rmm (rod millen)
a51 (no longer available new, came with piggy back, only for 01 models)
srt (has piggy back ecu)
injen
plp (looks stock)
joez (looks stock)
and so on

there is a wealth of information available just by searching, i admit the search function is somewhat lacking, but play around with the wordage and you should get the results you need.

please note we have specific forums for specific parts of the car. for example, this topic should be in the go fast forum. i will be moving it there shortly.

again, welcome aboard!

regards,
thanh
[email protected]

·
Registered
586 Posts
DonCorleone said:
hello,

welcome to is300.net

regarding the ebay intake sensor mod, yes, it is a scam, and it may also cause permanent damage to your engine.

there are many intakes available,
rmm (rod millen)
a51 (no longer available new, came with piggy back, only for 01 models)
srt (has piggy back ecu)
injen
plp (looks stock)
joez (looks stock)
and so on

there is a wealth of information available just by searching, i admit the search function is somewhat lacking, but play around with the wordage and you should get the results you need.

please note we have specific forums for specific parts of the car. for example, this topic should be in the go fast forum. i will be moving it there shortly.

again, welcome aboard!

regards,
thanh
[email protected]
WTF??

I thought the forum rules stated we had to flame nwbies for not using the search, not hold their hands!

:lol:

·
8,849 Posts
^^^^
Search has been acting up lately. For me, at least. Hence, more tolerance.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
dhoefgen said:
WTF??

I thought the forum rules stated we had to flame nwbies for not using the search, not hold their hands!

:lol:
we're trying to be nicer to everyone. get them to use the search function through other means than ridicule. but i tire of people not being able to read the basic rules and being courteous enough to follow forum guidelines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.