Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are most people here running after market air filters? I am going to get a K&N Filter today unless someone has had a better experience with another brand.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
one warning about K&N...dont put too much of the filter recharger stuff or else it will start dripping...

i put too much on and started to drip into my engine bay...it actually loosened up one of my bolts that held my heatshield (injen intake) and it started to rattle.

so i went with Blitz SUS Power Filter...check my www to see it

there was a thread about the best filter on this section but i dont know where it is...
it compared, Apex-i, Blitz SUS, HKS, K&N i think....

btw, are you going for the open element filter or stock box drop in filter?

peace and good luck with your decision

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got the TRD drop in filter. I cunno about any HP gains, but I did gain 1MPG for gas mileage on a 1400 mile trip. (compared to the same trip with a new stock filter)

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
I have a Tom's drop-in filter.

I STILL CAN'T FIND THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! :whine:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Mr.Is300 said:
I have a Tom's drop-in filter.

I STILL CAN'T FIND THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! :whine:
You'll notice the difference if you open up your airbox, take out the Tom's drop in, look at the back of the airbox and notice all of the dirt and sand that it let through. :lol:

That and the worse gas milage with no noticable gains in power was why I went back to the stock filter a long time ago. There was that slight increase in noise though :roll:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
trd filter is the best.

my friend said he can hear inside my car, but i cant :lol:
he also said my top end is better, i dont feel that either :lol:
i am guessing i am used to the car.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
drop in filter:
my personal preferance having had all of the below:

TRD
TOMs/ PLP
BLitz
Stock

i would imagine K&N is ok. Tho i would suggest TRD hands down.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had a thread with all the filters a while back...go for TRD or Blitz, no filter can filter better than a paper filter...in fact I just got a TRD today :D...

Matt :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.