Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my remote start installed yesterday, and when i picked up my car the ac was not working right. at 65 it blows cold, then anything above that it blows hot. and its not a gradual change, it goes from cold to hot.

i have tried it on auto, and the different fan settings too. also, its been like 100 degrees so it should definitely be blowing cold. it seems like the calibration is off.

i asked my installer and he has no idea why cuz he said what he did has nothing to do with it. im getting an oil change on monday, but im worried that they will blame it on my alarm. i doubt they will notice the remote start tho. my only idea is to unplug the negative for a lil bit to see if that resets it.

any one have any advice????

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try posting this in the Mobiletronics section of the Forum. And inlcude the make and model of the alarm. Lisnup65 and others with experience could help shed some light on this problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i would say that it is something to do with the electrical work with the remote start..it probly triped something in the AC system and thats why its not working ok...the installer should be responsible for this i would go bitch to him if i were you...have him unhook it completly and see if the AC works proprely...anyways Goodluck

·
8,880 Posts
Make sure that the temp sensor is connected properly on the panel under the steering wheel. They had to remove it to install remote start. There is a hose going to the temp sensor. Maybe it is not connected.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vlad_a said:
Make sure that the temp sensor is connected properly on the panel under the steering wheel. They had to remove it to install remote start. There is a hose going to the temp sensor. Maybe it is not connected.
thanks everyone for your replies, just heard back, vlad was right, the sensor wasnt connected rigth....thanks!!!!

·
8,880 Posts
Glad to help. 8)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm having the same problem as described here after my remote starter was installed. I just got the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5 alarm/starter installed and I'm experiencing the same issues. The temperature setting for the climate control doesn't seem to affect anything in the air that is being blown out. It just blasts really high heat out. If I turn it all the way down, then the A/C comes one. Also, the fan will blow at full throttle regardless of temperature and never auto switches back down to either medium or low speed.

Did anyone ever come up with the resolution?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dammit, just re-read all the posts again, I'll have to look at the temperature sensor tonight!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts