Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a IS that has an air bag kit installed. Does the install of airbags require a PERMENANT modification? I want to replace the system with a better driving setup, but I'm unsure as to the airbag install procedures and (if any) permenant changes to the car form the install.

OR if I were going back to stock, will I have problems?

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
AHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

that previous owner was retarded.

look for another IS bro.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Is this the guy who had the Tiger-spotted IS?

God I hate that car.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
:jawDrop:

You got my old IS300

-retarded IS owner

Serious RUN man, its not worth it

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
SpecialProject said:
I'm looking at a IS that has an air bag kit installed. Does the install of airbags require a PERMENANT modification? I want to replace the system with a better driving setup, but I'm unsure as to the airbag install procedures and (if any) permenant changes to the car form the install.

haha, sweet. I was looking at that car too man. I'm outta c'ville.
Goodluck getting it. The guy that is trying to sell you the car offered me the setup for $1k.

·
Registered
160 Posts
SpecialProject said:

It all depends on how it was installed. Most newer (and more popular) vehicles will have bolt on kits.

However if the person installing it had any kind of experience and know-how they would have welded parts on making the install "semi" permenant.

I would definately check into who installed the setup and what type of kit they used before doing any more work with it.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
If he has an air runner kit installed, give that shit to me. Hahahaha. Those are bolt-in and are sick as fuck. I was going to get a gs400 and bag that mutha fucka. I dunno about IS300s and bags, its more of a "sport" sedan even though its slow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts