Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ran a few no.'s and keep coming up with a very conservative offset for a set of 18" TE37's I want to pull the trigger on. Can u guys give me offset/tire spec suggestions on the most aggressive set of TE'37's I can get? I'm going with a set Tein coilovers and don't mind modifying my fenders as needed. As you all know Volks aren’t cheap so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for the quick reply man, those wheels with that offset look so tight!...But to refer to bFeed's question.., jon4862 would that set-up require a huge neg. camber? bFeed do me a favor please, and try that set up on your IS and tell me what happens. I'll owe you a soda...64 ouncer!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
yeah your looking at 3 degrees negative for that to work, and hella stretch too. my eventual plan is 18X10.5's all around with custom flares, flush but not hellaflush. honestly, look for 18X9.5's around the plus 30 range up front, +25 out back. neither of those offsets are offered if i'm not mistaken, so you'll have to do it with spacers, but you can get pretty flush without shit tons of camber.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
if you're worried about camber killing your tires don't be. so many people think its camber that wears out the tires but its the toe that actually does most of the damage. as long as your toe is in spec you'll be fine and you'll get a lot of miles out of your tires.

also camber will come naturally with a slam so you're gonna get like -2.5* regardless. also the reason why you want the 18x9.5 +22 is because that's when you get the most concave. all other sizes you get flat face.

the only reason why i am telling to get these sizes is because you stated you were willing to modify your fenders, which is a MUST!

Examples of 225/40 on a 9.5 wide

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
yeah your looking at 3 degrees negative for that to work, and hella stretch too. my eventual plan is 18X10.5's all around with custom flares, flush but not hellaflush. honestly, look for 18X9.5's around the plus 30 range up front, +25 out back. neither of those offsets are offered if i'm not mistaken, so you'll have to do it with spacers, but you can get pretty flush without shit tons of camber.
*applause* best advice you could give to him I would've said the same thing!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me brotha I have been all over the wheel threads looking for the right fitment,,, I only saw a few sets of TE37's but didn't really care too much for any of the set ups (my own taste..). There's a guy on here who has a set of orange Volks that I think look perfect though, I guess I should maybe hit him up and see what his specs are. jon your making those numbers sound really good. The fronts I'm not to concerned about but the rear's I definetally want concave, otherwise I really don't see a point in getting the TE37's

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Trust me brotha I have been all over the wheel threads looking for the right fitment,,, I only saw a few sets of TE37's but didn't really care too much for any of the set ups (my own taste..). There's a guy on here who has a set of orange Volks that I think look perfect though, I guess I should maybe hit him up and see what his specs are. jon your making those numbers sound really good. The fronts I'm not to concerned about but the rear's I definetally want concave, otherwise I really don't see a point in getting the TE37's
you asked for offset/tire spec suggestions for an aggressive set up. my suggestion was to look at the agressive wheel thread and folow what you find. i didnt say there would lots of pics of TE37s. i said follow the specs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've seen plenty of great lookin set-up's w/ wheels other than the TE37 but as you know the dimensions of a wheel varies style to style relative to its associated spec(s). I'm leaning strongly toward the TE37 for different reasons but thats why I posted a thread for the most aggressive set-up utilizing the TE37. ha ha But after thinking a little more about it I probably should have said 'most flush set-up' (with concave, if thats possible with the TE37). I think I took the word aggresive to lightly...

Dang jon... I would love to go with that set up...! I want the aggressive look with the TE37 but i'm worried I won't be able to fit that set up without having tons of rubbing issues or lots of post wheel fender damage. The neg. camber i'm not to concerned about.. want the aggressive set up to fit flush but not hella flush.

Is the +22 pretty much the cut-off for having concavity?

I saw you dawgin on Tein suspension on another thread so what coil-overs would you suggest?( i know this is a wheel board but it is related to wheel set-up..:suspiciou) I was planning on going with Tein because of price and my functionality needs but what do you think about going with Stance or HKS hypermax lll's?

Again thanks for all the help fellas,,,any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Dang jon... I would love to go with that set up...! I want the aggressive look with the TE37 but i'm worried I won't be able to fit that set up without having tons of rubbing issues or lots of post wheel fender damage. The neg. camber i'm not to concerned about.. want the set up to fit flush but not hella flush.

Is the +22 pretty much the cut-off for having concavity?

I saw you dawgin on Tein suspension on another thread so what coil-overs would you suggest?( i know this is a wheel board but it is related to wheel set-up..:suspiciou) I was planning on going with Tein because of price and my functionality needs but what do you think about going with Stance or HKS hypermax lll's?
you want flush but not hellaflush huh? so meaty flush no stretch? well then yah the +22 is definitely not for you. i would say just go with 8.5/9.5 stagger and offsets in the +30 range with 225/40 and 245/35. but i'm not exactly sure of the offsets rays offers for those sizes. all i know is that i wanted the +22 all around because it had the max concave lol.

as for the rubbing and the fender damage, it could be dealt with. a nice radial pull and stiff coilovers would do the job pretty well. the reason why i don't want teins anymore is because they are overrated. the quality isn't up to par with a lot of the companies out there today. megan would even be comparable these days. just for practicality bc or stance are much better quality wise and they offer custom spring rates.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
i tryin to run aggressive but not too aggresive. Some poke/neg camb. is ok but i just dont want to have crazy neg camber/poke?

definately trying to have some concave going on though.

about to get my car painted very soon (getting a good deal from a friend) and neede to get the fender work out of the way before hand...

I know there has to be someone who can help me out with this set up.....HELP!! PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Volk TE37 Sizing Chart Its hard to judge which offset will have concave and which will not. But i'm guessing that all the 8.5s (except for maybe +22) won't have concave. i know for certain only the 9.5 +22 has concavity.

also because of their limited options of offset, you either have to go conservative with your setup or slightly more aggressive. their offsets jump +/- 10mm on some sizes so its inconvenient in that way.

Conservative
18x8.5 +30 with 225/40
18x9.5 +35 with 245/35 or 235/40

Semi-aggressive
18x8.5 +22 with 215/40
18x9.5 +22 with 235/40 or 225/40

Aggressive
18x9.5 +22 with 225/40 or 215/40
18x9.5 +12ET with 225/40 or 215/40

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TE37's

The semi aggessive u posted looks to be what i'm going for...have you seen this set up on anyone else's ride? Do you think i will have huge rubbing issues?

So are you 100% sure this semi-aggressive set up will work?

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
I have yet to see a 8.5" TE37, regardless of offset, with concavity. But then again I haven't really searched lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.