Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New IS300 owner here! Finally bought my 6th grade dream car.

Looking for wheel specs and suspension without fender modifications! Preferably wheels that are 17-18inch that could possibly fit the LS400 brakes in the future?? Gong for a track/beefy look, please post some pictures below. I'll drop a picture of my newly purchased IS300 below! Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome and congrats for the buy. Looks like most of us have that in common, it is a long love story with the IS

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you're really looking to track the car keep the rims at 17" or smaller. More tire is better.

I have MOTEGI Racing MR119 18" x 8" with ichiba wheel spacers (+15mm Front / +25mm Rear).
- Fortune Auto Coilovers with Swift Spring Upgrade
- Figs Front End Refresh Kit
- Figs Rear Lower Control Arms
- Stock Rear Uppers
- Eibach Upgraded Sways on Front and Rear
- Cusco Front Upper Strut Tower
- BRZ Swapped 4.0LSD
- Currently wrapped in Michelin A/S Pilot Sport (Great tire but expensive - probably next round will do a slight stretch on some summer slicks. As I always want to go a touch lower)
- No Fender Mods other than a very very slight interior roll to reduce the sharp edges. - not noticeable from the outside.

The only pain I have is Traction Control Always kicks on because of the unsprung weight of the wheel spacers in the rear so I always just dis-engage it.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
I chose TSW Nurburgring wheels because they're "rotary forged", which isn't quite as awesome as a real forged wheel, but is way way cheaper. And a LOT lighter/stronger than a standard cast wheel. Mine are 18x8.5 (+45, but I have 3mm wheel spacers making the wheel actually a +42) up front, and 18x9 (+63, but I have 5mm wheel spacers so +58 actual) out back. Rubber is Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 245-35 front and 265-35 back.

Car is lowered on Eibach "pro kit"and Bilsteins. Fenders rolled a little, but nothing major. This wheel/tire combo doesn't rub, and doesn't poke out so you don't really notice the car has big rubber on it until you look closely - which was exactly what I was going for... These wheels EASILY clear the IS350 brakes (what I've got), but they will also clear the LS400 brakes, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I chose TSW Nurburgring wheels because they're "rotary forged", which isn't quite as awesome as a real forged wheel, but is way way cheaper. And a LOT lighter/stronger than a standard cast wheel. Mine are 18x8.5 (+45, but I have 3mm wheel spacers making the wheel actually a +42) up front, and 18x9 (+63, but I have 10mm wheel spacers so +53 actual) out back. Rubber is Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 245-35 front and 265-35 back.

Car is lowered on Eibach "pro kit"and Bilsteins. Fenders rolled a little, but nothing major. This wheel/tire combo doesn't rub, and doesn't poke out so you don't really notice the car has big rubber on it until you look closely - which was exactly what I was going for... These wheels EASILY clear the IS350 brakes (what I've got), but they will also clear the LS400 brakes, too.
Wow this looks almost to what's in my head. Love the no lip look. I went on offerup and found the TSW rims, asking him what his specs are because they look squared to me.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/585073979/

I don't mind it being squared though. How do the Pro Kits run compared to stock on stock shocks? B4,6,8 on yours?

·
Registered
691 Posts
How do the Pro Kits run compared to stock on stock shocks? B4,6,8 on yours?
I have the Pro Kit and Bisteins with TRD sways. Car rides smooth and even with SuperPro bushings throughout, I wouldn't call it harsh at all. However, the car is a bit "bouncy" on roads with undulations... Between my workshop and home, I drive a stretch of road about 2 miles @ 60-70mph. In the right lane, there are small dips every second or two, and it's a bit annoying. If you drive 45 or 85 over this section it's ok, but between 55 and 75 it's just not good.

For reference, I'm 38, and not a kid anymore. What used to be acceptable NVH when I was 20 is not ok anymore!

I think lowering on stock shocks is a bad call. In fact, hard to imagine stock shocks being a "good call" on any 15-20 year old car, regardless of springs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts