Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a new drivers seat, I know most people think its tacky to just have on but I don't want to get two my passengers don't need one.

I tried searching but came up with nothing... What seats are cheap an can bolt in or fairly easily be modded to bolt in. Really only looking for seats that I can get in black.

Thanks,
Chasen

ps if theres already a thread sorry can someone post it?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looking to get a new drivers seat, I know most people think its tacky to just have on but I don't want to get two my passengers don't need one.

I tried searching but came up with nothing... What seats are cheap an can bolt in or fairly easily be modded to bolt in. Really only looking for seats that I can get in black.

Thanks,
Chasen

ps if theres already a thread sorry can someone post it?

Hey man,

My brother (BoostedBanana) has only one seat in his... its a Corbeau A4 racing seat. It was actually put in by Adam (4ntoy) who use to own the car. Here is a pic...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey man,

My brother (BoostedBanana) has only one seat in his... its a Corbeau A4 racing seat. It was actually put in by Adam (4ntoy) who use to own the car. Here is a pic...

hmmm matchs the one hood pin lol...

As to chasen. You can't really find seats for "cheap" they're usualy exspensive even for one. How much you looking to spend. As to boliting right in, I've seen some one bolt seats right into the stock rail, but I'm pretty sure its better to get new rails.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i have sparco's. expensive and they barely fit. they touch the interior where the seat belt is at. but i had no problems getting them in. i also bought the rails though.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Any aftermarket seat needs a base (bracket). My Brides fit really well, brackets were about $300 for the set (the rails are on them) and the seats were about $1100 a piece, but you can get some Bride bucket seats for about $550 a seat. Seats are a safety component, do not buy cheap ones.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
if you want to weld it can be done. or some way sketchy makin it fit stuff.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I think cheap seats do not look good in IS300's... im talking about like APC or those schucks seats... but anyways, here are my seats.
Had to buy rails and brackets for these...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I understand where you are coming from with the 1 seat thing, but I have to agree with a few, it does look cheesy. Definitely don't go the cheap route. You do get what you pay for. Here are the a few samples of what I did with mine.
Cobra Sidewinders:
Sube Sports - The Racing Equipment Source

Cobra Opus:
Sube Sports - The Racing Equipment Source

The Sidewinders were reuplholstered with a Katzkin leather kit. The Opus were custom done to match the stock rears.

Yes, I had to buy 2 sets of brackets. There was no way To use the factory ones with these seats.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
MMmmmmm makes me want a pair but I don't really have use for them... yet

I have the altezza cloth interior with those seats that hold you in good... not the slippery leather/suede. I wish i had the leather/suede ones tho.

·
Registered
213 Posts
BuddyClub and Chargespeed seats are decent and are cheap as hell.
I would personally go with a Recaro or Bride since they are a bit slimmer than other companies.
And you can always keep your eye out on ebay they have some lightly used ones on there for a decent price at times

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I'm running buddy club buckets in my car, and they bolted up to the stock rails using an L bracket, not to mention being cheap... Only have pictures with one seat in.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i think these look pretty good, too, but you need recaro rails and adaptors

the only aftermarket seats i would ever consider would need to be fully automatic with motors, and those don't exist

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I want those F'ing seats chado!! F'ing sick.

I'm stuck with a Sparco Evo driver, Sparco fighter passenger, the sholders won't go past the Bpiller. Will upgrade to Recaro or Bride some day in the far future.

Oh an you'll need one of these sims

1 - 18 of 18 Posts