Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN PURCHASING AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE or COSMETIC PARTS FOR YOUR 2001 Lexus IS 300, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

I plan on buying parts in the very near future but I know that we can SAVE MONEY by throwing a large order in. ANYONE INTERESTED??? Either reply to this posting or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Why not just drop a few suggestions over at www.groupbuycenter.com they've always got a good list of running group buys. Plus its organized and well managed.

btw you have some gum or syrup stuck under your shift key.

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wow... i'm down for it...

i'm in search of...

new front grill (RMM has one)
intake
sway bars
lowering springs
altezza floor mats (RMM again)
smoked headlamps (RMM)
hmmmm... the possibilities are endless. =)

Marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MDaltezza: I'm pretty much looking for the same stuff.. RMM sells an intake that gets you around 10 more horsepower. They have other stuff coming out but no prices yet. Email me at [email protected] so we can figure something out.. We need more people still.

Originally posted by MDaltezza:
wow... i'm down for it...

i'm in search of...

new front grill (RMM has one)
intake
sway bars
lowering springs
altezza floor mats (RMM again)
smoked headlamps (RMM)
hmmmm... the possibilities are endless. =)

Marlon

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
supercharger
brake caliper paint
supercharger
intake
supercharger
armrest
supercharger
carbon fiber dash (replacement, not kit)
supercharger
nav/dvd
supercharger
minidisc
did i say supercharger?

about doing an engine swap for a twin turbo supra engine : i heard you can only swap in an engine from the same year as your car...didn't they stop making supras in 98? or are u talking about getting one from japan? how much would that cost? what else would need to be done? what about emissions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, if you want your car to be smog legal (atleast in CA) with the engine swap, it would have to be a new model engine (not sure about same year though).. it wouldn't even matter if the motor came from Japan.. it has to be a US motor and they'll check it through the engine number (kind of like a VIN, so I guess it'd be an EIN)..

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not entirely sure that a JDM motor would be as easy as a motor over here. They are RHD cars and that may affect a few things...

Typically Swaps include the motor, ECU, wiring harness', sometimes engine mounts, and optionally the tranny... but I think that'd be the most comlicated part of the swap.

Oh yeah... you're also gonna need a new intake, exhaust manifold, downpipe, and exhaust to take advantage of that turbine.

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts