Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with an aftermarket OE replacement oil pan? Mine is dented from the PO and since I have to pull it to address the gasket leak i was going to replace it.

The aftermarket ones are WAY cheaper than OE. But I am curious about the manufacture quality. Doesn't seem like something that could be screwed up but I dont know. I was very shocked to see that the aftermarket even made such a thing.

Thanks,
A.W.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Anyone have any experience with an aftermarket OE replacement oil pan? Mine is dented from the PO and since I have to pull it to address the gasket leak i was going to replace it.

The aftermarket ones are WAY cheaper than OE. But I am curious about the manufacture quality. Doesn't seem like something that could be screwed up but I dont know. I was very shocked to see that the aftermarket even made such a thing.

Thanks,
A.W.
They are fine. There is two versions. One with a rounded edge and one with a straight edge. This is the area around the cross member. Just make sure it matches your pan.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. This helps a lot. I’ll take a look once I get my pan out and be sure to match it up properly,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to update this thread in case anyone else was ever interested. I purchased my oil pan from ebay and it fits great. Here is a link to the one i bought.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted to update this thread in case anyone else was ever interested. I purchased my oil pan from ebay and it fits great. Here is a link to the one i bought.

You are literally the MVP for updating your post.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Only 30$? Thats a steal. Ebay coming through with the clutch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are literally the MVP for updating your post.
Hahaha. Thanks. Yeah I try. I really want to write up my journey on this car and all the repairs in the short 2 months I have had it. I have all the part numbers, links and cost of what has turned into $2k+ worth of parts. It isn’t really a DIY or a build thread but I feel like it could help. I struggled finding part numbers and did so much research I think it could help someone maybe. Don’t know what section it makes the most since.

Only 30$? Thats a steal. Ebay coming through with the clutch.
Heck yeah. I was terrified to roll the dice on it but it worked out great. Hopefully my non-Toyota harmonic balancer doesn’t crap the bed and destroy my motor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hahaha. Thanks. Yeah I try. I really want to write up my journey on this car and all the repairs in the short 2 months I have had it. I have all the part numbers, links and cost of what has turned into $2k+ worth of parts. It isn’t really a DIY or a build thread but I feel like it could help. I struggled finding part numbers and did so much research I think it could help someone maybe. Don’t know what section it makes the most since.

Heck yeah. I was terrified to roll the dice on it but it worked out great. Hopefully my non-Toyota harmonic balancer doesn’t crap the bed and destroy my motor.
The worst I heard a harmonic balancer did to our cars was put a dent in the radiator. People even said I needed to torque it to 200+ but im doing just fine at 140 lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My stock harmonic balancer broke off while driving the rubber wore away I was driving slow speed in neighborhood so didn’t do any damage. Got one on eBay for like $40 been working fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts