Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i previously posted a forum asking for pictures of how a lip looks on the is300. I got bashed on with -rep for asking about this. As a is300.net community as a whole, i would like to ask what everyone what they think of this. Just because the part was not name brand like L-tuned, Hotchkis, TRD, etc...

People like magoo, onyxaltezza, maxxpsi, and especially imprimis decided it would be great to redicule all those of you who use these parts. I would of been fine with it, however i feel they are a bunch of big hypocrits. How many of us use clear sidemarkers from ebay, m3 series lip spoiler, abs lip, etc...? have cloned version of c-west kit, or any other kit?

So i would like to hear the vote of the community... Does everyone on here feel its wrong to put on a stylish part that interests you , and that you would have to purchase a name brand part to be here? I have a grey box because of these people, i dont know what that means... but maybe some people with a better since of "community" would shed some light on whats going on here and what would happen if i get more -rep from haterz like them.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I think making a post like this, you are just bringing more negative attention to yourself and it is not needed.

As myself I don't believe in cheap parts, learned my lesson

I will not buy ABS, or a knock off body kit, or cheap wheels again

Also, you can not take it? then ignore it (I have learned to take a lot since being on .net)

Need to take things in stride

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Screw the haters. I have a Type-R lip and I love it. It was cheap and it's made out of cheap plastic, but it still looks good. I'll post pics of my car tomorrow that'll shut em up :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have an abs lip, I got it for free when I bought a bumper off a guy locally. I have yet to put it on because it would look dumb with just a lip. Plus It was free so I just took it. Cant really go wrong with free. ya know.

I don't think they are generally trying to redicule you, but save you time and money; as these parts don't always exactly fit right or have some sort of other defect.

I don't feel its wrong to put anything on your car, its your' car do what you want with it, but be forewarned that if you buy a 50 dollar lip don't complain about paying 200+ to get it to fit right.

as they always say, you get what you pay for.

·
3,369 Posts
I see you're now back in the green. So just forget what happened and start afresh. If you can make consistently good posts, you'll accumulate positive reputation in no time and you'll forget all this ever happened. So relax, it's all fun and frolics around here... ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tpc_01 said:
I have an abs lip, I got it for free when I bought a bumper off a guy locally. I have yet to put it on because it would look dumb with just a lip. Plus It was free so I just took it. Cant really go wrong with free. ya know.

I don't think they are generally trying to redicule you, but save you time and money; as these parts don't always exactly fit right or have some sort of other defect.

I don't feel its wrong to put anything on your car, its your' car do what you want with it, but be forewarned that if you buy a 50 dollar lip don't complain about paying 200+ to get it to fit right.

as they always say, you get what you pay for.
TPC01, read what imprimis wrote above, its a more settle approach than what he said before... such as how he feels "doesnt belong on the IS300", that you should go buy a honda if you were to use this stuff.
btw, just because its priced fair, doesnt mean its a cheap part that would break down...i think thats up to the consumer to decide on if its good or not and thats what i thought this forum was suppose to be! not to stereotype or judge the car or owner, but judge the product! besides, chriscarlos seems to have a good thing to say about his abs lip...go figure. more posts requested.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
As myself I don't believe in cheap parts, learned my lesson

I will not buy ABS, or a knock off body kit, or cheap wheels again
so you learned your lesson, why not let him learn his??

You have had the opportunity to own cheaper knock-off parts in the past, and now you don't have to.... good for you.

not everyone is able to afford the more expensive kits, wheels, etc... everyone has to start somewhere.

let's take Aaron (onyxaltezza) for example... who is he to bash on Is300nub when he, himself, owns a set of cheapy Exel wheels, Cwest replica kit? (yes, I know he has them for sale). Fact of the matter is, he had to start somewhere also.

But it is not necessary to bash the guy for requesting pics of cars with the "mugen style" front lip. How about those who own the "type-R" style lips? I don't see those people getting bashed on. It's the same concept.

I'm not trying to start anything here, just trying ease some tension.

This community is suppose to help other fellow IS300/Altezza enthusiast, not to run the newbs out of town.

have a good day.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Is300Nub said:
TPC01, read what imprimis wrote above, its redicule and hatred towards products that he feels "doesnt belong on the IS300". he's the first one to post a comment on this...how did i know it was going to be him...but its negative already. btw, just because its priced fair, doesnt mean its a cheap part that would break down...i think thats up to the consumer to decide on if its good or not and thats what i thought this forum was suppose to be! not to stereotype or judge the car or owner, but judge the product! besides, chriscarlos seems to have a good thing to say about his abs lip...go figure. more posts requested.

You asked for people to speak thier minds about what you thought...

Well I think you ideas and others that want cheap ABS on their cars are full of sh*t sorry.

Don't like what I have to say?

Sorry, I do have a right to say what I want so yeah I say ABS "type R lips etc... don't belong on and IS thats me.

And like HKIS mentioned, you are back in the green for now, but don't argue, and make a big deal out of this type of stuff

Want ABS plastic kits etc...go for it

you will learn

I HATE ABS PLASTIC KITS

plain enough?

and this is me being nice ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hkis said:
I see you're now back in the green. So just forget what happened and start afresh. If you can make consistently good posts, you'll accumulate positive reputation in no time and you'll forget all this ever happened. So relax, it's all fun and frolics around here... ;)
whats the difference between a green box and a grey box? why did they get so happy when they teamed up to put -rep in order for me to get a grey box?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMPRIMIS said:
You asked for people to speak thier minds about what you thought...

Well I think you ideas and others that want cheap ABS on their cars are full of sh*t sorry.

Don't like what I have to say?

Sorry, I do have a right to say what I want so yeah I say ABS "type R lips etc... don't belong on and IS thats me.

And like HKIS mentioned, you are back in the green for now, but don't argue, and make a big deal out of this type of stuff

Want ABS plastic kits etc...go for it

you will learn

I HATE ABS PLASTIC KITS

plain enough?

and this is me being nice ;)
imprimis, this thread isnt all about you... dont get so tense, i want to know what the community thinks, so dont thread hog.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Is300Nub said:
TPC01, read what imprimis wrote above, its redicule and hatred towards products that he feels "doesnt belong on the IS300". he's the first one to post a comment on this...how did i know it was going to be him...but its negative already. btw, just because its priced fair, doesnt mean its a cheap part that would break down...i think thats up to the consumer to decide on if its good or not and thats what i thought this forum was suppose to be! not to stereotype or judge the car or owner, but judge the product! besides, chriscarlos seems to have a good thing to say about his abs lip...go figure. more posts requested.
I have nothing against knock off products, I've had my fair share of knock off rims, rota tarmac II's knock offs of bbs sti wheels, also excel tz7's knock offs of advan model 7's.

Not saying all knock offs are bad, but almost every knock off body part that I've encountered hasnt fit correctly.

For my wrx I bought a painted STI ver 8 lip and it fit, but not correctly. Again I paid 300+ for that lip and boy was I pretty steamed that it didnt fit right.

My friend bought a painted MSM TRD Wing for his IS, again it did not fit correctly and rubbed on the sides of the car. He paid over 200 might of been 3 if I recall exactly.

It's mostly luck of the draw I feel who gets a knock off part that fits perfectly, now I'd rather just pay full price not go through the hassle. If the part doesnt' fit correctly it can always be returned, not much can be said with knock off items.

·
3,369 Posts
Is300Nub said:
whats the difference between a green box and a grey box? why did they get so happy when they teamed up to put -rep in order for me to get a grey box?
Green box means positive reputation. Green boxes accumulate and become blue boxes, which means lots of positive reputation.

Grey box means zero or negative reputation. Multiple grey boxes translate to banishment from the forum. Those who gave you negative reputation probably thought you were an asshat and wanted everyone else to know that by making your green box turn grey.

Click here for more info.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
kraze8 said:
so you learned your lesson, why not let him learn his??

You have had the opportunity to own cheaper knock-off parts in the past, and now you don't have to.... good for you.

not everyone is able to afford the more expensive kits, wheels, etc... everyone has to start somewhere.

let's take Aaron (onyxaltezza) for example... who is he to bash on Is300nub when he, himself, owns a set of cheapy Exel wheels, Cwest replica kit? (yes, I know he has them for sale). Fact of the matter is, he had to start somewhere also.

But it is not necessary to bash the guy for requesting pics of cars with the "mugen style" front lip. How about those who own the "type-R" style lips? I don't see those people getting bashed on. It's the same concept.

I'm not trying to start anything here, just trying ease some tension.

This community is suppose to help other fellow IS300/Altezza enthusiast, not to run the newbs out of town.

have a good day.

good point =\ :pissed:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Is300Nub said:
So i would like to hear the vote of the community... Does everyone on here feel its wrong to put on a stylish part that interests you , and that you would have to purchase a name brand part to be here? I have a grey box because of these people, i dont know what that means... but maybe some people with a better since of "community" would shed some light on whats going on here and what would happen if i get more -rep from haterz like them.

it's your car, it's your investment, do what you will with it. don't be insecure and let others' opinions drive what you do to your car.

personally, i look to buy name brand parts first. but sometimes that is not always possible (sometimes due to money, sometimes due to availability). "knock off" parts are not always bad, sometimes with a little twirking they can be just as good as something name brand, but without the crazy price tag.

i dont totally understand the +/- rep hype that goes on here, but it's part of the board so that's that... but please don't let a message board's repuation system determine what you want to do to your IS, that's just lame.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
scruffyburritos said:
it's your car, it's your investment, do what you will with it. don't be insecure and let others' opinions drive what you do to your car.

personally, i look to buy name brand parts first. but sometimes that is not always possible (sometimes due to money, sometimes due to availability). "knock off" parts are not always bad, sometimes with a little twirking they can be just as good as something name brand, but without the crazy price tag.

i dont totally understand the +/- rep hype that goes on here, but it's part of the board so that's that... but please don't let a message board's repuation system determine what you want to do to your IS, that's just lame.
well put!!!

listen to the chick that owns, not one.. but two IS300's!!! :approve:

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
good point =\ :pissed:
just using you as an example, since your name was brought up in the initial post.

s'all good. :approve:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont worry, they didnt get to me...i just wanted to see if all is300.net member were like that, cause i beleive thats just sad... to hate a product because its not name brand. i constantly read reviews about products on this website to see if they are good or bad and "how to's" thats the greatest thing about this website is how we help each other out in fixing problems, warning about products...but they took it to the extreme, when you dont even give a product a chance, its just hatred..hence i used haters...
and quite honestly, i would hate to part of a group that does this. everything deserves a fair chance, if you have bad experience with it than post it, but dont hate on the person who's asking the question.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
kraze8 said:
just using you as an example, since your name was brought up in the initial post.

s'all good. :approve:

did i see u at lexfest??

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
kraze8 said:
nope. I wasn't there.

did you want to kick my a$$? :lol:

LOL wth thats random -_- y the hell wud i do that i havent even met u before lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.