Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,286 Posts
Actually they are alot better than oem in almost every way.
Yeah, until the individual lights crack and break from rocks (it's inevitable really)

Each headlight has 2 hid projectors that run on 110w each and are far more brighter than any other headlights on the market for our car
I've never heard of 110w HIDs. Unless you mean, you put 55w HIDs in the high beams and low beams? The high beams are not projectors, just regular reflectors, and the low beams are poor excuses of projectors as well. I most certainly hope you're not using 4 110w HIDs on public roads lol

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
"Yeah, until the individual lights crack and break from rocks (it's inevitable really)"

The glass on them is very thick i think it would need to be intentional or vandalism to do that. Or quite a large rock.

"I most certainly hope you're not using 4 110w HIDs on public roads lol"

I am :)

Attachments

·
Mr. Roo
9,286 Posts
yeah all it takes is one rock in the right place, since those don't have the outer lens. I mean, yeah, it's a very small chance, but if you drive a lot, then it's bound to happen! Though, maybe they've made those lights better. I was remembering those same lights, but for another car. Everyone had terrible experiences with them. Hopefully yours do last.

I'd be interested to see more pics of the lights though, since I've never actually met anyone with them on an IS300. I'm a bit of a nerd for lighting, so I'd love to see some more details and close ups and how they work and light up at night :)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I should be getting my car back tomorrow ill make a youtube video about them when i do. I still need to do load resisters to stop hyper flashing but the lights work great in all other aspects

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like the aftermarket lights that I put on my car. They don't have provisions for the auto-leveling, but they are easily adjusted up or down with a bolt. The light spread is pretty good and I like the halos and led bar. They were from ebay.
I have the same lights, they do have the provision to install the auto-level motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just finished installing the same single halo with LED strip from spyder too, B- quality construction at best. I currently have the stock HID bulbs in now, and I plan on installing high output LED's (55w/light) that are D2S compatible. I still like the design and hopefully the LED's will help with the strange light spread, with shadows from the HID bulb design.

One thing to note for anyone looking to install housings without the auto-leveling, is that you'll want to remove the harness under the drivers side steering column, it's found right above the OBD II wiring harness and slides right out. That way you avoid the annoying light on the dash

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe that trying to use an LED bulb for the main projector output would only make it stranger

I wouldn't say stranger, honestly with how the LEDs are designed, it's more predictable. With HID's you have to account for the glass and outer construction of the bulb causing weird patterns. That's not the case with the LED's, since the only obstruction would be the surrounding aluminum. While it's not perfect, light throw is now acceptable to where I don't mind driving at night with these projectors. And what i've found is that the throw is so good I can see reflections (not to be confused with direct light beams) of street signs up to 800 yards out. And the cutoff for the light projection is pretty low, so the light that is hitting the street signs is just the outer edges (ambient light), to which i'm not blinding others on the road.

I have a comparison of the HID vs LED attached

LED is considerably brighter as well.

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts