Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process right now of install a Pioneer MP-9400 deck. We hooked up the wire harness accordingly, but there is no sound coming out of the factory speakers. We tried switching the remote wire around and testing the wires, but we still can't figure out what the deal is. The harness we used has RCA inputs for the factory amps. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it??

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
magas8282 said:
I am in the process right now of install a Pioneer MP-9400 deck. We hooked up the wire harness accordingly, but there is no sound coming out of the factory speakers. We tried switching the remote wire around and testing the wires, but we still can't figure out what the deal is. The harness we used has RCA inputs for the factory amps. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it??
If this is the harness lisnup65 always bags on (scosche TA03), I will reiterate what he always says (paraphrased):

THE HARNESS IS USELESS ON AN IS300.

As of today, I have not heard of one successful case where someone hooked up an aftermarket headunit to the stock amp.

If I were in your position, and if the headunit you are really referring to is the DEH-P9400MP, then I'd just use the amp in the headunit to power the speakers. However, you'd have to replace the rear speakers because there are really 4 speakers in the rear and 2 of them only have 2ohm impedance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts