Lexus IS Forum banner

aftermarket brake pads

731 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  YELLLEX 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed brakes pads yet? How makes aftermarket ones? Racing pads?

#5 ·
A little too early for me, but I have a plan on my brake mods when the time comes.

SS lines (Goodridge? TRD?)
TRD slotted rotors
OEM calipers
Maybe aftermarket pads by TRD or Blitz.

I kinda like the OEM pads, don't make a lot of dust, pretty durable and get up to temp fairly quickly.

#7 ·
I say go with the EBC greenstuff brake pads because the pads feature a high kevlar content formulation resulting in an ultra high performance road pad which is extremely kind to discs. With a friction co-efficient of around 0.46 and high resistance to brake fade 550º C or something like that
this pad is a superb upgrade for high performance street cars, high speed freeway use and consecutive heavy braking.

Green stuff has low vibration, low dust formula (great for the stock IS300 rims)due to zero carbon content, heat stable! What more can you ask for folks besides a paint job for the pads

#9 ·
so this thread got me thinking.... I'd love to do the pad upgrade, but i'm thinking I'll wait until I need to replace the stock pads first... that leads me to the question, should I wait until the rotors need replacing also, or does it not matter?

#10 ·
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
[QB]so this thread got me thinking.... I'd love to do the pad upgrade, but i'm thinking I'll wait until I need to replace the stock pads first... that leads me to the question, should I wait until the rotors need replacing also, or does it not matter?

My car has about 9K miles on it. I've done about 5 track events with the same pads. The rotors are holding up but then again I'm using the OEM pads so that's expected of the rotors. I think I'm gonna try the ENDLESS pads (which I have in my Type-R) and see what they do with the 9K old rotors. I did not think that ENDLESS made pads for the IS300. I also looked into PORTERFIELD but they do not have pads for the IS listed on the web site yet. Thanks for the good input. I'm gonna try the new pads at Atlanta Motorspeed Way in AUG. at out next track event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.