Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had experience putting in aftermarket bluetooth, i.e. Parrot or Ego or the like? Need to do something since they banned the use of handhelds while driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i don't know if there is any harness for this car yet but if you are daring, i think it is only a couple of wires to tap. i think with the parrot, you need the mute wire, battery/acc, ground, and left speaker (GUESSES). you can tap those wires to the harness J66 behind the stock changer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just get the visor clipped Parrot for 80 bucks. it's awesome.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing much research, I had a ck3000 evolution put into the car. From what I read about the IS250 stereo, this was not a do it yourself job. Took it to a well reputed local shop (they do installs on Ferraris and Bmws).

It took about 3.5 hours of labor, the price of the kit + a 60$ harness, a steep price but a necessity because of cellphone laws here. They did a good job. Mounted the mic just to the side of sunglass holder and the control knob to the left of the wheel next to the coin holder on one of the empty switch ports. SOund was wired to the front speakers only. It auto-mutes when a call comes in. The voice recognition feature is a pain to set up, but once it's up you can operate everything by voice commands, and it will call out the name of callers.

I also had them put in the ipod kit at the same time, free of charge.

Not a cheap solution, but those who want it, I recommend it as it's a very small and discreet unit with lots of functionality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now that it's been a couple more years...

Any brands available for the IS that look like a factory installed bluetooth kit?

I've been able to research many brands like Ego (Who went out of business) and Rostra (Who doesn't make one for the IS) that use the toyota/lexus rectangle pop outs and look very good.

I was hoping to get one installed but I can't find any info online anywhere for a model that will work with the IS and fit in the little pop-outs or at least look like a very clean factory installed option.

Anyone have one installed that they can recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts