Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed that the IS's alarm isn't too great, and i think im interested in getting an aftermarket alarm. How all here has an aftermarket alarm on their IS and what do the ones he dont recommend. Thanks!

·
8,880 Posts
I've got DEI Sidewinder 6500ESP w/ remote start. Cliffort seems to be the most popular choice.
Search inside/out forum for more info.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I am getting a UNGO 8300 with remote start and front windows put on my IS on Mon. I will post and tell how i like it. I am also having stereo controls hooked up to it along with trunk release.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the clifford intel 9000. I went thru alot to find a good alarm. It has auto windows, optional autostart (I didnt want) and too many options to list. You can set the sensitivity from the remote by taping on the car. Runs about $599 installed.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
I have the clifford intel 9000. I went thru alot to find a good alarm. It has auto windows, optional autostart (I didnt want) and too many options to list. You can set the sensitivity from the remote by taping on the car. Runs about $599 installed.

tap on the car, thats sweeeeeeet... how did u get frauded on the br-5

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
Who did you get to install your alarm? Anyone bigger name company? I have been searching around and now (because I think the "concept" took over the intel (intelliguard) ) the concept to be installed with remote start and windows capability is running $1100!!!!!

So I didn't get it, but I REALLY want one with all those features. That is the second shop to quote over $1000 for the installation because they say the IS300 is harder to install on! What BS. Anyway, just wondering.
Thx!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by Eaglecomm:
Who did you get to install your alarm? Anyone bigger name company? I have been searching around and now (because I think the "concept" took over the intel (intelliguard) ) the concept to be installed with remote start and windows capability is running $1100!!!!!

So I didn't get it, but I REALLY want one with all those features. That is the second shop to quote over $1000 for the installation because they say the IS300 is harder to install on! What BS. Anyway, just wondering.
Thx!
I have the Intel 7000. and it's a bit more difficult to install than other cars..

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
The IS300 is definitly a harder vehicle to do an install on then most. Their is nothing simple about it except for the basics.(I.E. ignition wires, p-lights, and starter kill) On average it will take at least 4 to 6 hours to do an IS install properly and if you decide to start adding remote starts, window controls and so forth the time goes up considerably. That is why installation is so much more. I have been in the aftermarket audio/security industry for over a decade and it took me over 16 hours when I first did my IS. Their was no information available to help me along like their is now. I actually submitted the technical information to 3 major companies and that is the info that most installers get when they request it.
As for info about which system; The Avital and Clifford systems were good, but they were bought out by DEI and technical support is nonexistant on the older pieces. The newer pieces are just DEI product in different packaging. The UNGO pro-security line is really good also, but Ungo(Clairion) sucks at customer service!!! If you have a problem it could take up to 6 months to get your product exchanged out. I WAS a dealer so this is not fabricated BS, but rather the facts. That is the reason why I terminated my buisness vetures with them after 6 years. The better units out there do allow you to make adjustments via your remote which is just plain good practice as false alarms have made having an alarm useless because noone pays attention anymore. The ultimate in security is the newer style 2 way systems that include both a remote and pager device in one compact keychain package. If you check my signature you can see the Compustar 2000AS unit which is very nice with about 1250' of range. It lets you know if a door, hood, or trunk is open. Also if the vehicle is prewarning, or full alrming. The whole system is controled through the remote except shock sensor settings
. Ungo, Prestige, Code alarm and others are beginning to introduce their versions of this as the patent for Compustar is up. Good luck in whatever your decision gets you. It will only be a complete improvment over the factory system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is the Compustar still being sold by anyone...I am searching the net and I haven't found anything...I also cannot get to their site....what kind of price for the unit plus accessories?
Thanks..

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Yes Compustar is still being sold!! You may not find anyone selling it through the internet though as they have a strict policy in terms to NO INTERNET SALES. Their is no warranty or technical support for any product not purchased and installed by an authorized retailer. For the 2000AS installed with basics plus d-locks is around 600.00 plus parts. That is alarm, remote start, starter kill, parking lights, hood pin, and dome supervision with illuminated entry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
lisnup65
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing