Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting in a alpine deck and i dont know what wires are which from the factory. I dont have the owners manual. Do i get the wires from the stock amp? or do i get the ones that lead into the h/u area? thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
djlunatiq said:
I am putting in a alpine deck and i dont know what wires are which from the factory. I dont have the owners manual. Do i get the wires from the stock amp? or do i get the ones that lead into the h/u area? thanks for your help
Well first of all, you shouldn't just hook up an aftermarket deck to the rear stock speaker. They are actually 2 speakers each, and the woofers are only 2ohm, and each speaker in each pair expects different frequencies. You can probably still use the fronts with an aftermarket headunit.

Ok, that being said, if you are still going to do it, here is the wiring diagram:
http://www.teckkits.com/IS300/Audio/Radio.pdf
Use the wires coming out of the amp, not the ones coming out of the head unit.

·
8,827 Posts
Welcome to the exciting world of aftermarket stereo for the IS300. There you will find some exciting things you did not expect to.

Open this thread and download proper manuals for your vehicle year (2001/2002+).
You will find this to be very helpful.

As mentioned above, rear speakers will need to go. A few notes, most of which can be found in the sticky of this forum.

1) Stock AMP can only be used with OEM Headunit
2) Stock Rear Speakers can only be used with stock AMP
3) Rear speakers are 6x9, however, not standard fitment. Some holes need to be drilled or an MDF adapter needs to be cutout to fit the new speaker set. Rods in the trunk mechanism may be in the new speaker's way (I had to dremel out a portion of my rear Infiniti Kappas, which luckily have plastic casing)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.