Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a month of searching, talking to people, and searching every thread on the internet, I finally decided on what rotors to buy..

Brembo blanks and OEM pads.. how simple

I first was going to go with either StopTech drilled or Brembo drilled but after talking to numerous people I think I will just f*** those up waaay to quickly.

Though drilled looked SICK I think, I just can't $800.00 on something that will need replaced within the next 6-12 months...

So again, Brembo blanks and OEM pads. Am I wrong? Can you talk me out of it?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Centric/stoptech premium oem replacements with oem pads. Contact dezod in the vendor section for the best price on the rotors.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've found THmotorsports to be $50 cheaper than dezod for the same essential brake package(rotors/pads/SS lines/fluid).

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Can't go wrong with that. Nor can you go wrong with OEM replacements all around. It really is the best setup for a street car.

Now if you activily track or do lots of downhill mountain driving, it's a different story.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I don't really have any disagreements with your view on drilled rotors. BUT... if you still want something that looks good... why not get slotted rotors? I have had any issues with the PowerSlot rotors that are on my car.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have brembo blanks in the front. Perfectly fine. Although I do have wagner thermoquiet brake pads...which I think are not as good as oem brake pads..lol

Anyways, yes I agree with your americans can not drive, just come down to Houston and you will see why I agree with you. lol

There is one thing you should know though. Brembo blanks as good quality as they are, end up getting that same rust problem on the hub just like the oem rotors do. I really hate that personally. You should get one of those stoptech or powerslot rotors, their hubs are painted black so it does not form rust on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.