Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to chime in and see if all my fellow Mid-Atlantic .net peeps are okay after "Isabel". My home in Long Island, NY as of this morning (till I left for work) has no electricity. Hope everyone is okay, and also your cars. On a brighter note, see you guys at the SRT BBQ next weekend.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
All good here. My power only flickered and my Lex was safe in my work parking garage. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Everything cool here. My lex was outside, but it's all good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Everything is okay for me and my lex. On another note though I spent 36 hours at the firehouse from 11pm on Thursday until this morning... and let me tell you I fell like I got hit by a firetruck and then tossed around by Isabel.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I just got power on since about thursday afternoon evening, so its been about 2 1/2 days without power or so, something along those lines :( not fun..

Alot of food ruined :(

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
It was pretty crazy Thursday nite... We were out on the balcony like idiots checking things out... Lex was in the garage as it is every nite... We lost water for the first part of the day yesterday but still isn't safe for drinking, etc.

I saw downtown Napolis on the news, craaaaaaaazy.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
It was pretty crazy Thursday nite... We were out on the balcony like idiots checking things out... Lex was in the garage as it is every nite... We lost water for the first part of the day yesterday but still isn't safe for drinking, etc.

I saw downtown Napolis on the news, craaaaaaaazy.
Yup that is pretty much what 1/2 the area looks like....I woke up on Friday morning aroung 7am I walked out the front door and was like :eek:
There was water everywhere....and high tide wasnt untill after 11am!!

Glad everyone is OK!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
let's see... 3 fallen trees in my yard... the lex and house is completely safe... thank god... finally just got power back!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I still do not have power in my apartment complex, but at least there is power on the navy ship that I am standing duty on today. However, since the ship was in the ship yards before been tug moved to a safer pier there is no running water or sewage system. So they have six porta-potties on the flight deck and the smell is starting to become pretty ripe. I had parked my car in a mall garage in downtown Norfolk so it came out of the storm alright. Hopefully my power will come back soon b/c listening to TV stations on the radio all night is zero fun :( especially since we cant go b/c of an impose curfew :x ....Glad to hear everyone so far has faired well... Don't know if now I will be able to attend the bbq next week

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
fine here... a little worried last week because i had to fly into Dulles airport on Friday and didn't know if i was going to be able to make it in. fortunately the Isabel sped up and i was able to fly in that afternoon. IS was in storage in the garage so no problems with the car.

hope all is well

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
all is well here... Still no school for tomorrow, even though im not in school graduated college as most know, but its terrible half of our county still doesnt have power.. doh...oh well

·
Registered
427 Posts
:( No power; no water as of tonite- electricity went out Thursday Nite- getting real tired of taking "bird-baths" in the sink...car was in a garage somewhere in Manassas, so it's ok.... :-?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
dang on.. your struggling, still our county is struggling, but this was only a what category 2 storm, if it was 4-5 like they were talking i would have been very concerned :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
I GOT A DAMN TICKET!!! F*CKING A**HOLE COP! :bitching:

everyone else is rolling through the damn busted traffic light and he catches me... that's what i get for being 18 in a damn lexus... what a jerk with nothing better to do then give a ticket instead of like other officers assisting at broken traffic lights..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts