Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i can get the car to idle....it idles fine, but when i hit the accelerator, it wont go past 3K rpms. at 3K it just stops going up.. and boggs like crazy...

the other problem is when i cant even get it to idle... it doesn't idle at all, motor starts, then shuts off.... trac light starts blinking..

now... i retraced my steps... and all the wiring seems to be done correctly.. i have power to the afc. the afc is pickin up on the throttle and everything else... aejiowqaowafjqi owerfqwofowafjeqwif

help someone...

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
heheh
dood. whatr the setttings at?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dood..what are the settings supposed to be at???

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lexotic Concepts,
if you are certain that you wired the s-afc correctly, the reset all setting back to factory default. Then set SENSOR TYPE Hot Wire, & CAR TYPE to 6 Cylinders with Throttle (mine is "Up to the Right"). then shut every thing off and reset your ECU. I drove around for about month until i got it tuned like this.
This is only what i did when i installed mine, not saying it will fix your situation, but it might. please keep in mind that i am not a tuner, so you are still accepting the same risk as you did when you installed it yourself. All responsiblity and liability is yours.

wish you the best.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I forgot to add that I did the above instructions with NO OTHER MODS. so if you have an cai this might affect your car as well. If you have an SRT then it will definately will, if you don't have the piggy-back ecu installed.

But since you didn't list your "OTHER MODS" then we are shooting in the dark.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
dood..what are the settings supposed to be at???

That's a really good question haha.
I've only installed an AFC once, and it was on a ceebic.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
sasquatchIS said:
Lexotic Concepts,
if you are certain that you wired the s-afc correctly, the reset all setting back to factory default. Then set SENSOR TYPE Hot Wire, & CAR TYPE to 6 Cylinders with Throttle (mine is "Up to the Right"). then shut every thing off and reset your ECU. I drove around for about month until i got it tuned like this.
This is only what i did when i installed mine, not saying it will fix your situation, but it might. please keep in mind that i am not a tuner, so you are still accepting the same risk as you did when you installed it yourself. All responsiblity and liability is yours.

wish you the best.
Hey, in the hotwire section, what is your in and out set at?
and in the flap section, whatr the settings
and the pressure section...same thing. Settings?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok..i got the car to idle... and to have a somewhat smooth rpm range...

the main problem was the "hot wire" sensors.... it was at 02 in and 02 out. i started messing around with it and once the out was at 03.. it started to hold an idle.

my question now is, what should the hot wire sensor in and out be set at?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the arrow should point up to the left or right and it should be 02 in and 02 out?

make sense?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as for the arrow... thats in the section for how many cylinders right?

my only options are having the arrow up and to the right or down and to the right.

as for the hot wire settings... i can't set it at 02 and 02. thats the only setting my car wont hold an idle at.

if the out sensor is at 03... it holds an idle.. at 02, it will start and immediately shut off..

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
something might be wrong with the unit

unless someone can chime in and confirm the initial settings, i'll have to check in my documentation for the afc, and see how it should be set. you have a hotwire afm, so that is what it should be set to if wired up correctly

-gte

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
my arrow is set to the upper right, i belive its in and out on mine but my car is runnin funny also, so im lost too,

GTE is trying to help me out, its hard when the unit is not in front of the person trying to help...

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i agree... its not easy... but it shouldn't be this difficult either... i know the wiring was done correctly, went over it like 10 times and had a freind go over it too.

does everyone agree that i should try resetting the whole mechanism? is that what the initialize option is for?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
not even sure if my wiring is ok, i had a shop install it using GTE diagram, then the shop that was dyno tuning my said that 2 of my wires are wrong, and then they rewired the 2 wires, im gonna go back and bring the diagrams with me and have them compare...

Lexotic Concepts said:
yeah i agree... its not easy... but it shouldn't be this difficult either... i know the wiring was done correctly, went over it like 10 times and had a freind go over it too.

does everyone agree that i should try resetting the whole mechanism? is that what the initialize option is for?

·
Registered
210 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
sasquatchIS said:
Lexotic Concepts,

wish you the best.
Hey, in the hotwire section, what is your in and out set at?
and in the flap section, whatr the settings
and the pressure section...same thing. Settings?
My Hot Wire sensor is set at 4 in & 4 Out.
Flap, Pressure, & Karman are different types of MAF sensors so I believe there settings don't apply since you have set it to Hot Wire. Some correct me if i'm wrong on point.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, i tried initializing it and zero'n out everything... i re-inputted all the settings.. and tried the hot wire setting at 3 and 3..but car bogged and stalled... same at 6 and 6, 5 and 5, etc.. right now its set at 5 in and 6 out... and it runs and idles..

what does it mean that i can't have both in and out at the same setting?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.