Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still having some cranking issues with my car. We cant get the stat sync to power up immediately. Sometimes it takes 3 times for it to power on.
Anyone have any experiece with this?

Also, our cars are extremely picky when it comes to idling. Just takes time to find that nitch where you are happy and the car looks happy.

I finally just had mine "fine tuned"..

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
it takes about 2-3 turns of the crank for my aem to statsync, i don't think your's is any different :)

it is the nature of the beast - haltech's seem to have good quick start-ups

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats how mine used to be. But, luckily, my tuner fixed my problem today! Mine now cranks on the first turn over with the AEM. How cool is that
Fortunately he is extremely good at what he does..cause the AEM guys couldnt give that much advice
:)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Did you mean you would have to turn the keys 3 times before? Or do you mean 3 revolutions of the engine?

If you're having to hold the key in the start position, let off, go again, let off more than once then there's something wrong. If your tuner fixed it then it's all good.

What the other guy was referring to how many rotations of the engine it took to crank the engine. For example, when you hold the key on start you hear the engine chug chug chug start. Mine starts on the 1st crank and after 3-4 chugs(revolutions).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats how mine used to be. But, luckily, my tuner fixed my problem today! Mine now cranks on the first turn over with the AEM. How cool is that
Fortunately he is extremely good at what he does..cause the AEM guys couldnt give that much advice
:)
What did your tuner actually do to fix it? My car has a hard time turning over so if you could help with that then that would be great. I'm on the AEM standalone too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts