Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a aem short ram intake in my car and after the 3rd or 4th day my car will putter and shut off everytime i stop or put on my brakes and i have to keep starting my car back up. do anybody know why it does that.. i would really apprecitate it..thanx..

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
hazard said:
i put a aem short ram intake in my car and after the 3rd or 4th day my car will putter and shut off everytime i stop or put on my brakes and i have to keep starting my car back up. do anybody know why it does that.. i would really apprecitate it..thanx..

Typical AEM issue man, try looking on here for more of the same

try to clean off the sensor in the air pipe

·
Registered
578 Posts
that suxs dude you having problems with new intake

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
yea a lot of people with the AEM intake have that same problem..if you search, you'll find a ton

·
Registered
122 Posts
....then as soon as you get it fixed your check engine light will go off...its a pain...but i agree try to clean off the sensor...and did you unhook the battery and reset everything, if not try that too, or even again...good luck

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
my car used to do that with my AEM intake, but i havnt stalled latley..its running just fine now.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Do this: Make a heatshield for the intake. Put foil in in the bay so it will block the hot air from getting to ur filter. Next get a fiberglass kit from home depot. Put the cloth down over the foil, then paint the fiberglass mix. Wait for it to dry then spraypaint black.

This will stop that hot air from getting to ur filter and stalling u out. Also, if the filter oil is on too thick... hmmm? Maybe try cleaning it out with a K&N filter recharger kit and re-oil it yourself.

But yeah reset ur ecu like samfris300 said. But if u clean off the MAF sensor inside the pipe, get some kind of spray on cleaner. Just make sure not to touch the sensor with your hands b/c it will break.

Let us know how everything goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts