Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37,399 Posts
i had one for my Prelude SH... it rocked. I'm sure it will be the same on the IS.

Update this thread w/ the results. I would like to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
alot of bad report about them, most people loose low end power...if you want to prevent that from happinig make sure to get a heatshield...or something like that...thats all I know.

Matt 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
injen intake is the way to go. if anybody wants one i have them. let me know. pm me--matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, I new at this, I just got my IS 3 months ago, I bought it all on my own and im 20 ! I think im doing ok, thanks for all the help, I dont know anywhere else I can ask just about any question about my car and get anwsers ! Im I realy going to get a check engin light with this intake ? I have not payed for it yet, they just ordered it for me and told me I could check it out to see if I want it. So I can tell them I dont want it. Also, What would the Apexi S-AFC do ? and would it be something easy to set up ? Also, im going to get the GReedy Evo cat back system, would that AFC help that also ?

Thanks again, I just a newbie !
 
G

·
Tha Reaper said:
i hope you plan on getting a check engine light cause you will without a S-AFC ...


somebody correct me if im wrong

you should've went with SRT w/ Race ECU Upgrade

I got an AEM intake and i have not had an CEL yet, without a heatshield for about 2 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
hehe we are a newbie at some point in life...

the S-AFC controls the air fuel ratio to maximize your HP
it mixes it properly so u can gain the maximum hp possible...
when u go to tune it up, it sets the A/F settings to match your mods...

im planning on getting one soon...but i heard installing it is a bitch...

be sure to check out the "which exhaust is better sound clips" thread

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13365352
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
i have had the AEM for about 3 months and 4k miles and have had no problems with it. make sure its the gen 3 and dont use a heatsheild or the thing that pushes the air to the intake because it will make ur car stall sometimes while going 60
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AltezzaBoy03 said:
hehe we are a newbie at some point in life...

the S-AFC controls the air fuel ratio to maximize your HP
it mixes it properly so u can gain the maximum hp possible...
when u go to tune it up, it sets the A/F settings to match your mods...

im planning on getting one soon...but i heard installing it is a bitch...

be sure to check out the "which exhaust is better sound clips" thread

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13365352
Does is just plug into something ? Or do you have to hard wire it ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ISracer300 said:
i have had the AEM for about 3 months and 4k miles and have had no problems with it. make sure its the gen 3 and dont use a heatsheild or the thing that pushes the air to the intake because it will make ur car stall sometimes while going 60
How does it sound ?
 
G

·
handy-man said:
ISracer300 said:
i have had the AEM for about 3 months and 4k miles and have had no problems with it. make sure its the gen 3 and dont use a heatsheild or the thing that pushes the air to the intake because it will make ur car stall sometimes while going 60
How does it sound ?

you really dont hear it at idle like many intakes. But when it hits high RPMs it kinda has a woong sound to it, not very deep.


Ohh and the only time my car stalled was the day after I installed the intake and parked with the engine on, because the fan came on. That was the only time i had problems with it.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top