Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone was making a harness to use the AEM EMS for a stand alone system for a turbo setup. I have heard good things about the system and was just wondering if anyone knew of anybody that was adapting it to work with the IS ecu.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
i don't know how it works with the IS as an ecu, but from what i understand this system is really hard to find knowledgeable people to tune it, and work, its rediculously complicated, but when you get people that know what the y are doing, the system is blody amazing. thats what i know about it, hope it helps

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dan at Batlground in atlanta uses it on his supra that he runs in the 9.2s. he said it is a LOT more complicated than something like the emanage.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
^Its not that bad (or at least I didnt think it was). I had it on my Integra and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i've been talking with aem about making one for the IS community

what do you all need to know, i will answer questions about the unit if i can

-gte

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whats up GTE. Im probably guessing that this is going to be for the manual tranny only people. Sorry for all us auto peeps. As far as the system goes, is it going to be a complete stand alone or more of a piggy back type system? I know with the supra it replace the ecu and it was a sweet install. Are they looking to really introduce the ecu to the IS comunity?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the currently produced units all have the ability to control the auto trans cars

the aem is the definition of stand alone, when it is due out, i will make sure to make an announcement

-gte

Devin 300 said:
Whats up GTE. Im probably guessing that this is going to be for the manual tranny only people. Sorry for all us auto peeps. As far as the system goes, is it going to be a complete stand alone or more of a piggy back type system? I know with the supra it replace the ecu and it was a sweet install. Are they looking to really introduce the ecu to the IS comunity?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool GTE thanks for the info. I was just wondering if there would be a way to adapt it over to the IS. I have talked to a few people that have used them and really liked them. granted they have all been honda people, I just thought that it has some really good technology behind it and could be very beneficial to anyone wanting to go turbo. Just looking for other options for engine management.

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i'm sure someone in this world has the ability to adapt it over, but for the other 4 billion of us, it would not be worth the hassle. i would wait for their plug and play system to come out for the IS, when it does, turbo IS's will be much simpler

-gte

bluelex said:
cool GTE thanks for the info. I was just wondering if there would be a way to adapt it over to the IS. I have talked to a few people that have used them and really liked them. granted they have all been honda people, I just thought that it has some really good technology behind it and could be very beneficial to anyone wanting to go turbo. Just looking for other options for engine management.

Thanks

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts